Useful or not, that is the question!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MAESTRO, Jul 21, 2005.

1. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Any other opinions?

#21     Jul 21, 2005
  2. Moreagr

Moreagr

does this have direct access capabilities like routing to ECNs?? :)

#22     Jul 23, 2005
  3. looks great...perfect for anyone on the go or who cant be by their computer. even better for people who only trade part time and use this to monitor their positions while at work.

only concern....security....just dont trust wireless to go into my account

#23     Jul 23, 2005
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Yes it does

#24     Jul 25, 2005
  5. MTE

MTE

It looks really great MAESTRO.

The problem I see is that if the sole purpose of this app. is to keep an eye on the positions while you're away, then why pay for it when some brokers provide such an app. for free.

#25     Jul 25, 2005
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Good question. A small subscription fee is for running our server that provides real time data and sentiment analysis. There is no software right now on the market that could do the same (real time decision making support). QuoTrek from eSignal costs 90+ dollars a month and does not do analysis for you.
    Our costs to run it have to be covered. I don't think that 10 bucks will stop the user from getting it (two cups of coffee). Thanks for your response.

#26     Jul 25, 2005
  7. looks great...but i think it is a product that is before its time...

maybe i am wrong but i don't think ther is a big enough market out there to make it feasible...

i hope i am wrong....

btw... do you have an options execution platform that is not o/s dependent...

99% of the option software out there is crap...written by programers that have no idea what an options trader needs....

#27     Jul 25, 2005
  8. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Thank you very much. We do have an awesome option analysis and execution system. I'm not sure I can fit it into PDA like BlackBerry, but with the new HP iPAQ hw6515 or Sony its easy!
    In terms of the market: there are over 10 million subscribers right now using some form of PDAs (BlackBerry, Palm, HP, Nokia, Sony, Motorola etc.) at least 1% of them using these devices to stay in touch with the market. That means at least 100,000 customers could become our clients. It could translate into $1,000,000 of revenue a month using $10 monthly subscription fee. Not bad for a small company.
    Having said that, we are still not sure whether we will do it or not as our core business is trading our own money and managing our fund (120 mil now).

#28     Jul 25, 2005
  9. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Not correct. QuoTrek costs $25/mo as an add-on to eSignal or MarketCenter or $49 as a standalone service (plus applicable real-time exchange fees).

http://www.quotrek.com/pricing/default.asp

Thank you.

#29     Jul 25, 2005
  10. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I pay appr. $120 a month with all the services I get on it.

But, of course, you are right; you can get it for much lower price if you are satisfied with the basic service.

#30     Jul 25, 2005