used to trade pit

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Gregk, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Gregk

Gregk

I used to trade pit Soybeans and Wheat (SU10 and WU10 for example), and now it seems that most of the volume is with the electronic contracts (ZSU10 and ZWU10 for example). Is this correct? If I am trading intraday, should I be looking at the electronic contracts?

Thanks,
    Greg

2. 1) September beans?
    2) Yes
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Welcome to the "Real World". It'll take awhile for you to unlearn your "pit tricks". :cool:

3. Gregk

Gregk

Are there any contracts where volumes are better in the pit? Oil? SP? Is there a difference between the bid/ask spread for pit traded contracts vs electronic ??

Thanks for your help.
    Greg

4. bid ask is better on the screen in basically all ags. Maybe some of the meat contracts have better pit volume, but why do you care about the pit. ITS DEAD. Thats how i lost my job.

5. Options. :cool:

6. If you really used to trade in the pit you wouldn't be asking half these questions or make mistake of sept beans.

7. +1

8. He said he used to trade pit beans,not that he traded IN the pit :D

9. Greg...my man.

The pit is over. The dragon has flown the coop and is on the screen now baby. You can't ride anything in the pit, but you can ride it on the screen and feel the flow. I'm talkin seein the numbers fly and lubin' up some renko charts.

like that song "this is why i'm hot!" by my homey mimz, the pit is cold baby...COLD...ain't no hottness left.

you gonna try and ride the tornado again? get your knuckles wet in the game of chutes and ladders? Or are you just frontin'?

these boys (bless their feet) are dead :(

[​IMG]

DO IT!!!!! :D
    [​IMG]

:cool: :cool: