Used IDEALPRO to convert currencies, now virtual position is displayed in TWS, how to avoid it?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by adamovicm, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Hi,

I have used IDEALPRO to convert currencies and now the virtual position is displayed in Portfolio.

My question is, if I want to close an account, how that virtual position affects me? Do I have to "close" that position in the future to close the account?

Is it possible not to display virtual FX positions in TWS's Portfolio window on the right?

2. JSOP

JSOP

Next time, use FXCONV and NOT IDEALPRO as the destination to convert currencies. IDEALPRO is only used for currency trading. The virtual position is ok just cosmetics. Do NOT close that position because that position does not really exist. Just leave it to be and you can close your account by withdrawing your balance. Just focus on the actual currency cash balance.

3. NoahA

NoahA

I don't remember exactly, but if you click on account window, there is a line for it there, and if you right-click on the position, you have the option to delete the position line. It might be under FX portfolio - Virtual FX position, but I don't recall exactly. But its in the account window somewhere and the solution is to delete the position line.

4. I found it... In "Account" under FX position there is an option for Adjust position or Average Price... I did adjust it to 0, and then this virtual position dissapeared! Thank you NoahA

NoahA likes this.