Use Prison labor to replace offshored chinese production.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Aug 17, 2011.

1. noone3

noone3

So you want to make sure that you produce weapons and missiles in the USA because you ARE GOING to WAR? So you define this critical?
    How lame is that?

Prisons are supposed to be "correction facilities" and not profit centers!!! Make better use of them by cleansing and facilitation of the process! Not by making them produce profit!!! Most people who end there have problems!

I completely disagree with your idea, but i certainly think that prisons and prisoners should be more self-sustainable

#11     Aug 17, 2011
  2. lassic

lassic

i dont want anything made by prisoners

#12     Aug 17, 2011
  3. toc

toc

Agree! they would take more pleasure in breaking stuff than making any. More so when they know that their wages are 50 cents an hour but product sells for $29.95 in the retail. They will burn the crib down before any product leaves the prison factory.

:D :cool: :p

#13     Aug 17, 2011
  4. Think of it, you'd have to kill someone to get a job in this economy. Then to motivate you to work hard at your job, your sentence is waived.

Talk about moral hazard....

#14     Aug 17, 2011
  5. bettery not drive then...your license plate is made by prisoners.

#15     Aug 17, 2011
  6. [​IMG]

#16     Aug 17, 2011
  7. There's all kinds of things prisoners could be told to do:

-Be random organ donors
    -Robo-sign mortgages
    -Test pharmaceuticals
    -Daytrade stocks
    -Collect unpaid taxes

#17     Aug 17, 2011
  8. Samsara

Samsara

Nice, so basically provide incentives for more arrests and imprisonments. Just like the shady incentives that corrupt the courts in counties that already have privatized prisons. I'm sure the business community, which silently supports illegal immigration due to the benefits it provides, won't jump at another opportunity to further lower labor costs.

Only on ET will you find people openly fetishizing Chinese-style fascism.

#18     Aug 17, 2011
  9. #19     Aug 20, 2011
  10. Only problem I see... can you trust prisoners to do a job?

I wouldn't buy anything made by prisoners because I wouldn't trust it to last? I'd rather buy something from workers who get paid to build quality. Devices from people who need the money and can't afford to get fired.

#20     Aug 20, 2011