use of BreakEven exits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderkay, Feb 24, 2003.

1. i noticed that a long of good traders use BE stops. Most often they move initial stop up to BE (sometimes + comm.) when the price goes their way distance equal to their initial stop. Do you use this technique? Why/why not/how?
  2. ewww lucky us we get to vote in another moronic thread ... lets see..eenie meenie mini moe...:p
  3. Stops are the best! I use them most of the time. If I'm in the money I use a trailing stop that I adjust accordingly, also depending on market conditions.
  4. this randy guy needs a good old fashion ass whipping !!!!

what a loser this RANDYNUTTSINHISMOUTH is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. would you like to try?

ahh now lets see i vote use them sometimes depending...cause i like to think,adapt & IMPROVISE while in a trade. mindless trading (losing) is not for me. but then again thats jus me..:D
  6. I'll give it a try. big a boy are ye? So I'll know what to bring.:D
  7. Brother Randy Nuts,

You obviously don't like stops... you must have balls of steel... maybe your new nickname should be Randy Hard Nuts....

8. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

9. prox

I move it to breakeven + a tick after it has gone a few points and has established price past a moving average filter I use.

However, moving to breakeven after it has gone a static number of points is probably going to hurt your results more often than not, since a retest of the breakout spot is very common. Think about it, you gain a single tick on a breakeven win .. but when you get stopped out, that single loss will wipe out a bunch of those small tick gains.
  10. gongish

i use a trailing stop all the time. that way, once im in, its a no brainer.
    #10     Feb 26, 2003