use of BreakEven exits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderkay, Feb 24, 2003.

1. i noticed that a long of good traders use BE stops. Most often they move initial stop up to BE (sometimes + comm.) when the price goes their way distance equal to their initial stop. Do you use this technique? Why/why not/how?

2. ewww lucky us we get to vote in another moronic thread ... lets see..eenie meenie mini moe...:p

3. Stops are the best! I use them most of the time. If I'm in the money I use a trailing stop that I adjust accordingly, also depending on market conditions.

4. this randy guy needs a good old fashion ass whipping !!!!

what a loser this RANDYNUTTSINHISMOUTH is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. would you like to try?

ahh now lets see i vote use them sometimes depending...cause i like to think,adapt & IMPROVISE while in a trade. mindless trading (losing) is not for me. but then again thats jus me..:D

6. I'll give it a try. btw...how big a boy are ye? So I'll know what to bring.:D

7. Brother Randy Nuts,

You obviously don't like stops... you must have balls of steel... maybe your new nickname should be Randy Hard Nuts....

Love,
    Candle

8. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

lol...

9. prox

prox

I move it to breakeven + a tick after it has gone a few points and has established price past a moving average filter I use.

However, moving to breakeven after it has gone a static number of points is probably going to hurt your results more often than not, since a retest of the breakout spot is very common. Think about it, you gain a single tick on a breakeven win .. but when you get stopped out, that single loss will wipe out a bunch of those small tick gains.

10. gongish

gongish

i use a trailing stop all the time. that way, once im in, its a no brainer.

#10     Feb 26, 2003