**use Google Chrome**

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Port1385, Sep 3, 2008.

1. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

gecko and safari are nice slim browsers

#31     Sep 4, 2008
  2. Thanks for pointing this out. Got rid of those two Google "presents". Yeah, I agree, that was/is pretty sleazy. Very NOT cool on Google's part. Gotta love their "holier than thou" attitude, the pricks...

#32     Sep 4, 2008
  3. So far Chrome is nice and quick. I miss RSS and google toolbar at this point, for sure they will add those in later on. I use google documents a lot, the editor SUCKS but the idea of never having to back anything up or worry about losing it and the convenience factor outweighs that. The funny thing is, the editor problems seem to be worse with Chrome than with IE7......

#33     Sep 4, 2008
  4. Damn thing froze up on me just a minute ago and the other tabs didn't work either.. :mad:

#34     Sep 4, 2008
  5. GTS

GTS

More secure?

http://www.pureoverclock.com/story.php?id=2815

Maybe it has the underpinnings to be more secure when it matures but I wouldn't count on it to be more secure right out of the gate.

#35     Sep 4, 2008
  6. Anyone else notice excessive hard drive clatter when using Chrome? For some reason my hard drive just starts clicking like crazy when I start it up and stops as soon as I close it. Any ideas (other than Google copying the contents of my drives)? :confused:

#36     Sep 4, 2008
  7. The structure and underlying speed look good. But lets not forget that its still a beta so all the shit that google is (justifiably) getting should result in dramatic improvement - or most will stick with firefox.

It still needs an equivalent to Adblock Plus because many of us don't want to be bothered by banner adverts etc. The adblock plus guy has said he won't be doing it because the rendering engine is different to the ff one - he suggested hassling the Apple Adblock providers because its the same rendering engine as the Safari browser.

For now - "don't use Google Chrome."

#37     Sep 4, 2008
  8. kinar

kinar

open beta software no longer exists...

Once you open up software to the public, it is no longer beta. Companies have gotten into a habit of doing this simply for the CYA benefit. Unfortunately, with the advent and availability of the internet today, and the idiocy of "public opinion", it just doesn't work anymore.

#38     Sep 5, 2008
  9. In your humble opinion.

#39     Sep 5, 2008
  10. kinar

kinar

pfft...when it comes to tech, my opinion isn't humble...

but when you are right 99% of the time, its pretty inevitable...feel free to take it as fact, I personally guarantee it won't be disproven.....99% of the time

#40     Sep 5, 2008