**use Google Chrome**

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Port1385, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Jachyra

Jachyra

#21     Sep 4, 2008
  2. That speaks of Section 11 of the EULA. I never got past the part where they said they will collect everything I do (section 2?).

No google for me. It's bad enough our government monitors our computers, telephones, travel, medical and every fucking thing else we do in this FREE country. Fuck google and fuck george bush too.

#22     Sep 4, 2008
  3. gangof4

gangof4

thanks.

i already have the settings (and flashblock) except for 2 from your link. like i said, i think it's the add-ons. i have only 2 add-ons on my trading computer and FF loads fast. i have 10 add-ons on this computer and it takes a minute to load the browser and, to keep it usable, i end up shutting it down a couple times/day to recapture all the resources it squirrels away.

#23     Sep 4, 2008
  4. jem

jem

is anybody concerned that google is executing on bill gates' most ambitious plans.

I use google adwords, google analytics, goog docs, google calendar, gmail google checkout and google search.

I deleted google desktop - and I really like picassa....

Google actually makes me a bunch of money because some of my websites rank very well... but they probably know more about my life and my businesses than my wife.

#24     Sep 4, 2008
  5. The problem might not be Firefox - it might be the flash plugin. On Linux, FF3 was crashing or freezing frequently until I installed noscript extension. Now it is very reliable.

Flash on Linux is known to be not very good, but I've seen it said that other users are experiencing similar probs with flash on Windows.

#25     Sep 4, 2008
  6. kinar

kinar

Most of you have already hit on reasons not to use Chrome. Let me add a couple I didn't see.

HUGE memory hog. About double Footprint that IE 7 has (which isn't exactly slim and trim).

Each tab launches in it's own process. This can be good since one site cant lockup or crash the entire browser but for those of us who like to keep the processes running on our boxes to a minimum, it sucks. Not to mention, if one hangs, good luck guessing which process to kill.

and I saved the best one for last.

the HIDDEN GOOGLE UPDATER. Holy Hell Google, what were you thinking? Not only do you not tell me about it during the install but you don't even give me a way to turn it off.

kill the process, uncheck it from msconfig. Nope, they even added a scheduled task to reinstall it occasionally. Worst Privacy Nightmare from a somewhat respectable company ever!

#26     Sep 4, 2008
  7. gangof4

gangof4

well... i stand corrected.

thanks! one of those 2 obviously made a difference in loading ffox- the next few days will tell whether the memory leak issues are resolved, but just having it load much faster (still slower than IE, but MUCH better than b4) is nice.

thanks again.

#27     Sep 4, 2008
  8. teun

teun

It's a real cool browser! And it works better than any other immediately (right after launch of first beta versions).

I already threw all my other browsers away.

#28     Sep 4, 2008

9. any quick tips to speed Opera up?

#29     Sep 4, 2008
  10. teun

teun

I would rather have a browser which works oud of the box without getting annoyed with finding and installing lots of add-ins...

#30     Sep 4, 2008