**use Google Chrome**

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Port1385, Sep 3, 2008.

1. i liked it too, but didn't like the layout for bookmarks.

firefox is so good that not sure i'd switch.

if the only alternative was IE then sure....

#11     Sep 3, 2008
  2. The main thing for me is the speed. If you use internet explorer casually, then speed won't matter. However, if you scroll through webpages for many hours each day then it will matter. That extra speed means less time spent waiting.

#12     Sep 4, 2008
  3. dave74

dave74

Great point.

Ablock is the killer app that makes sure my browser will be Firefox for a very long time.

There are many other great features about it too. With the tabs feature, I'm able to favorite tons of charts without having to type them in (I do this with stockcharts.com free charts).

However, there big problems with FF right now. My FF is always crashing, whereas FF2 rarely crashed. They need to get this fixed now. However, even with the crashes, I'm sticking with FF.

Anyone else having problem with FF3 crashing frequently?

I have to thank Microsoft for making IE7 so slow, because if that weren't the case, I never would have tried FF!

Thank you Microsoft!

#13     Sep 4, 2008
  4. I find that Opera is the best for Windows. It is extremely fast after you do some modifications. Firefox is a memory hog. And this Google Chrome sucks..

#14     Sep 4, 2008
  5. rc5781

rc5781

they can't match all the add ons you have for FF

#15     Sep 4, 2008
  6. gangof4

gangof4

anyone who uses firefox care to share their modifications that you've made to make it 'fast'?

i prefer firefox but it is slow for me and hogs so many resources. i have made several recommended about: config changes, but it is still a hog. the add-on's are great but, if you use several of them, the load time for the program is ridiculous (for me literally 20x slower than IE).

as for chrome.... goog already knows more about me than my mom. i cannot imagine that they have altruistic motives for putting out their own browser- just another cog in the data mining wheel of the company that is the REAL burgeoning evil empire...

#16     Sep 4, 2008
  7. use foxfire i mean firefox

#17     Sep 4, 2008
  8. rc5781

rc5781

ok i do something for you, you do something for me.

here's how to make firefox fast:

1) flashblock
    http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

2) change about:config

http://tuxtraining.com/2008/03/04/speed-up-firefox-2x/

After you do these 2 things, THAN compare FF to chrome and report back to us...

#18     Sep 4, 2008
  9. ramora

ramora

#19     Sep 4, 2008
  10. I think GOOG is the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm not using Chrome until they change that horrible TOS agreement.

#20     Sep 4, 2008