Use credit line to buy stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by QdzResurrection, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Raj03

Raj03

This is your own decision just take this decision own self.
    But i will suggest first survey the condition then invest your money.

----------
    Raj
    ---------
    Equity Credit Loans - Equity Credit Loans

#41     Jan 29, 2009
  2. I fail to understand why you don't just use a margin account :confused:

#42     Jan 29, 2009
  3. LOL!

Thats all I can say.

#43     Jan 29, 2009
  4. Borrowing to trade ranks as one of the truly stupid suggestions of our time. Especially in this time.

If you lose the money (good chance), you are screwed for years.

#44     Jan 29, 2009
  5. huh

huh

I've done this on a regular basis for a long time although at a much smaller amount (about 30-40K) and from my experience 10% is way too much to pay. You should be able to score this deal in the 4% range so I'd shop around......and of course make sure you have a solid PROVEN trading plan before you attempt it as many have mentioned that you could really screw yourself if you are wrong.

Good luck! :)

#45     Jan 29, 2009
  6. I don't see how you can count on an 80% chance of growing it at 18%. So many things could change in the meantime to invalidate the extrapolation.

#46     Jan 29, 2009
  7. There are a lot of 0% APR offer floating around. You should use those instead.

There is no way to avoid the cash advance.

#47     Jan 29, 2009
  8. if you use a 0% APR balance transfer offer, I believe it will be categorized as a balance transfer, not a cash advance, unless it says otherwise in the terms and conditions

#48     Jan 29, 2009
  9. Max out your credit cards, buy gold. Hide the gold. Declare chapter 11 and don't repay the credit cards.

#49     Jan 29, 2009
  10. 1) bankruptcy is not that simple.

2) It screws up your credit history

3) It drives up your costs of things like car insurance or trying to get mortgage/loan. 0% interest on a new car? "Sorry, but not with your credit. How about a nice 12% interest rate instead???"

4) It reall screws up your chance of getting decent jobs in the future.

5) What you are saying is called fraud. If discovered in any way, they will undo the bankruptcy and you can get some serious problems from trying to be clever, perhaps jail time. The lawyers for the credit card companies are not quite as stupid as people think. They will attach your salary, your savings or any other financial account for a long time to come, including heavy penalties, interest, legal costs, etc. etc.

#50     Jan 29, 2009