Use computerized evolution to create trading system?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by lighnintrade, Nov 18, 2011.

1. I was thinking more along the lines of "omgwtfbbq?"

#11     Nov 19, 2011
  2. I'm on a break.

You and wide tails made specific contributions to this thread.

The whole picture may not be apparent to you however.

Elsewhere there are your and others commentatry on how a solution makes its way through the Financial Industry.

Then there is the consideration of solutions that nail the full oppportunity.

The examples of these people who got the solutions are very worth considering since they have many commonalities.

I divided the solution ingredients into two groups: market facts and problem solver tooling for the job at hand. There is a small thrid element.

It was well and succinctly pointed out that markets have a set of facts that are invarient and which are a foundation of great strength and utility.

Also it was noted that the problem solver has to use an el primo approach to apply super elegant and precise tools to get the solution.

The solution allows for an ATS to extract the full offer of the market, as is well known.

So all that was required was to assemble the market foundational facts and put them into the problem solving process. The problem solving process is completely defined by paradigm theory and logic theory.

The bridge between the two (market foundation facts and problem solving process) is smallo and very important and cannot be chosen in error. Most all work done failed to get this bridge done properly.

Here is where you guys are. You are saying "what?" and joshing around to achieve something for the moment. Short attention spans, probably.

I'm old and have gone through the process. Now, I have immunity.

Markets are huge, so no one affects a market and anyone can operate unseen if he takes the precautions. Markets are also numerous and operate somewhere 24/7, almost. Thus, there are no limits upon extraction.

Evolution was not a facet of getting a solution. Refinement in an iterative manner may have been since there is always the dimensional degrees of freedom aspect. You start with the market output degrees of freedom limit as the solution's input. The process of the solution is structured before the process is put to work. It doesn't evolve simply because all is known before the design and development begin. It is true that streamlining can occur in the widening cone of additional degrees of freedom coming to a max and then the filtering system (steer and focus) of where and how to operate for the finite contexts the market generates. After the degrees of fredom provide monitoring, the logic of analysis prevails and feeds a decsion tree that drives the behavioral action of the ATS for extracting capital continually.

Obviously, building a system is not rocket science. The mind can operate the system many times faster than the market can conduct its activities. But what could be nicer than not having to do repetitive tasks using the mind. It is more fun to just treat yourself to using your time to solve contemporary cultural problems by applying the extracted capital.

The example of building the mind is so very neat since it models how to build the ATS to extract the offer of the market.

Now you can consider your "what?" Your minds cannot process the market's offer. Mostly you are bewildered as time passes and the market flows. LOL This is not true for me, however. Not only can I follow the market's activity, I have invented about 10 to 12 leading indicators of price. Their coded snippets are available to all.

Today, it is one of my pastimes to look at systems that do various approaches to markets. I have them in a continuum. I look at how to move one system further towards the performance of a better system. The adjustment needed often is NOT an addition at the end; more likely it is a correction of a mistaken concept early in the flow of the system.

Someone posted a chart of performance recently and it showed the "limited taking" more or less in different contexts. The person ws incapable of relating his results to his system's performance. So he asked for a template to superimpose on his result. He is as niave as it gets.

If a person is going to do design and developement; he should at least have a goal template made as part of assembling his tools. Thats where I got the crayola template. You need a zig-zag chart, a crayola, a string and scissors. See if you can come up with 3 to 6 lengths of string.

Start with 5 degrees of freedom go to about 70 and return to sets of 5 to 7 for the various output segments.

See the one pagers for PVT, SCT and SSR, all app;ications of PEP. Note there is no noise and no anomalies

#12     Nov 22, 2011
  3. I quoted your insults.

Look JACK, let me explain something to you and put it quite simply.

Reading what you write is such an incoherent torture, that even if what you claim were to be true (namely that you can extract 3xATR), and if that were the only strategy in the world that worked, i would rather stay a poor unsuccessful trader than read through that drivel.

If you had a well-meaning bone in your body, you would try to make some sense instead. I've read lots of your messages. All you do is drag people along so that you could get some attention. That is evil. You know why? Because while they are trying to decipher what you are leading them onto, they could be learning to trade their own techniques and develop a real edge. You are taking time and money from the poor and unsuccessful, just so that they would give you some attention. You claim you want to give something to the communities? Well how about you write one paragraph that doesn't have 10 words that each can have 50 interpretations, which would take 500 as much time to understand as normal writing. NOT because you're some sort of a genius, but because you are using ambiguous heavy-sounding words and sentence constructions which in essence only contain confusion. If you were well-meaning, and wanted somebody/anybody to actually understand what you are saying, you could phrase your thoughts in a clear enough way which cannot be misinterpreted. I have no intention in quoting 100s of your posts to underline each word which can have more than 10 meanings and is placed within weak context, open to misinterpretation. If you don't understand what I mean, then go get some classes in English writing. Not understanding you has nothing to do with "mental capacity", get it? It only has to do with your inability to make clear statements. I've had my share of intellectual success in life to know full well I am way above average and capable of understanding a wide range of logical and creative processes. Who are you to tell me i'm dumb? And remember, you are taking time and thus money from poor souls who are trying to find an edge and like to believe in "the dream". You are stealing from them, directly. As noble as it is to keep the dream alive for them, it's ultimately very very evil to waste their time.

There have been people on the internet and in history who did exactly what you are doing, and I understand your psychological profile. I somewhat pity you, but i do not feel sorry for you.

I would agree with you on one issue, and that is that money extracted from the financial markets should be used for the benefit of our communities. However, if you've read what i wrote, i don't believe it is your interest to serve any community other than the community of jack hershey needs attention.

#13     Nov 22, 2011
  4. I just ignore all the post for this Poor Jackie old guy.

If Jack is so good, why he never success in any real trades ? If he can show 100 trades in real time and have more than 70% correct (even only 1:1 risk/rewards), then we all become his sincere follower :)

#14     Nov 22, 2011
  5. v34rm

v34rm

It's so funny how person that never made some real $$$ is giving advice how to make some $$$:D

#15     Nov 23, 2011
  6. De-Evolution: BoWo

[​IMG]

#16     Nov 23, 2011
  7. Thanks for your response.

Your comments in this thread were pertinent and on topic.

Anyone can think as they wish regarding me. That is always your priviledge.

#17     Nov 23, 2011
  8. +1
    Good assessment. I've read his posts in this thread and would say 'drivel' is a fair description.

#18     Nov 23, 2011

9. ++++ 1

#19     Nov 23, 2011
  10. Redneck

Redneck

That would be his right

Learn the difference

RN

#20     Nov 23, 2011