use api w/o opening firm order entry(control/client app) screen

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by koms, Mar 6, 2007.

1. koms

koms

Hi All,

I want to trade using my my own app and trade via api. I do not want to open any broker or control window of the firm providing the api.
    I want to provide user id / pwd/ trade info using the api call and there not be any broker or control window requirement to be kept open.
    Also I would like to have access to simulator account with real time data feed.

e.g.
    1) I have am IB account but IB requires me to keep the TWS open all the time even if I am sending order via api, which is a problem. the only good news is IB has simulator with real time data feed.

2) I used MB Trading api earlier and it does not require any control windows to be open , but the problem is MB trading does not provide a simulator with real time data feed to test.

Can anybody suggest me a firm which will solve both my problems. seemless login/trade without opening any broker/control windows and simulator with real time data feed.

Thanks,
    koms

2. I don't know of any broker that will let you connect directly to their servers without a lot of certification and validation (cost $$$). TWS has the benefit of requiring neither.

That being said, here are a few choices
    1. IB with FIX
    2. Genesis
    3. Lime

3. Its quite easy to have TWS auto login.

If dont want it on your clogging up your screen you can run it on a second machine, it can then just look like any other server.

4. koms

koms

I am currently using the way you said, but I do not want to open any broker window on any of my computers. Only my front end app using broker api. Broker code should run in the memory process but not as a visible window.

Please help, if you know of such a broker which provides these features.

5. I'm curious as to why. Building your own white-label brokerage using IB? Or maybe you have traders working for you who you don't want poking around your account balances?

Rather than run it on another server, you could run IB in a vmware window somewhere. It would be isolated but you could still get to it via TCP/IP to enter orders.

6. Aaron

Aaron

Try Man Financial. You can use their LindFinancial API without having any software running.

I, too, wonder what is the problem with having TWS running? It consumes minimal resources.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

7. dabao91

dabao91

Try Man Financial. You can use their LindFinancial API without having any software running.

I, too, wonder what is the problem with having TWS running? It consumes minimal resources.

I did a google search, I did not find any information related to "LindFinancial API".

How can I obtain some information related to LindFinancial API?

Thanks.

8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

tt can if you trade futures. they have an api and we programmed our own order interface, but with fix you dont even have to have a interface at all unless you just want one. maybe tt is out of the question for you - but you can also get demo accounts with them.