USD's next move, please vote

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JSSPMK, Dec 13, 2010.

Up or Down?

1. Up towards 88 zone

34 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. Down towards 71 zone

27 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

I am not going to post any charts or quote any analyst's opinions. What is YOUR opinion on next move in USD?

2. I really see this range bound for the next 6 weeks. 78 - 82

3. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Bump

4. Long term, as interest rates rise so too will the dollar. It's sensitive to interest rates, which are sensitive to growth, and while that will be slow, it will be steady.
    The rivals: the euro is hobbled by its completely dysfunctional structure, the yen by Japan's completely dysfunctional political system, which now that I think of it is actually the euro's problem too.
    Gold is sensitive to interest rates: as US interest rates rise, its cost of carry increases. I'm sure someone around here has mentioned this somewhere, but if so, I missed it.
    China, of course, will allow the yuan to gradually weaken against the dollar, or at least hold steady or rise only very very insignificantly, while all this happens. This will continue until some US pol notices, at which time it will rise, and once the furor dies down, it'll be back to steady as she goes.
    This will continue until it can't go on any longer, but that's many years down the line.

5. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Question was not based on longterm projections, but rather what's next?

6. 71 or 88 is pretty long term. Currencies move pretty slowly compared to stocks. I don't think it's getting there tomorrow.

7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Bump

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

you need to be a bit clearer on "next". to a previous poster, he replied what is next to him. you said you weren't interested in long term. to me, next is the next few months.

is next to you, next week? tomorrow?

9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Let's not talk time, but targets, what next 88 or 71 zone?

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

alright, 88.

#10     Dec 14, 2010