USDJPY - stay alert - for poss. reversal

Discussion in 'Forex' started by deadbroke, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

[​IMG]

#51     Oct 5, 2010
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Analysis: Investors bet on initial success for Japan on yen

"It's incredible how unfazed investors are about the downside on dollar/yen," said Simon Smollett, options analysts at Credit Agricole.

"It tells us Japanese corporates are not worried (about the possibility of dollar/yen falling), nor are the market makers in dollar/yen options, and even the hedge funds don't see any edge there."

The one-month 25-delta risk reversal shows a premium of 0.9 to buy yen calls over puts, a fall from 1.5 prior to intervention. This tallies with positioning data, which shows speculators have slashed bets on yen gains.

Implied volatility -- a measure of financial market risk and a key factor in calculating option prices -- has also come down, with one-month dollar/yen volatility trading around 11 percent compared with 13 percent before intervention.

http://us.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6943V720101005?ca=rdt

#52     Oct 5, 2010
  3. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

I wonder if Japan does peg the Yen what will that mean for our positions in Jpy crosses? Will brokers be allowed to cancel trades?

#53     Oct 6, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Looks like you're on a roll, as in two in a row.

Maybe you should go with the alternate wave count. :D

Try harder will'ya, you owe me money.

#54     Oct 6, 2010
  5. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

We might get a flush now in Ninja

#55     Oct 7, 2010

6. 4H pend order above continues - no better entry possible yet

1H higher risk Long entry @ close > 82.6 (to be considered but might not act on it)

#56     Oct 9, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

So a reversal is still possible?

:D

I'll alert the media.

#57     Oct 9, 2010
  8. TheMan

TheMan

you may want to make a long call here with a target of 84.20 :cool:

well i am long from 81.5

18-1 RR

monthly is still short as i was saying

but a couple of h1 cycles just ended and we have a chance at 84.2

#58     Oct 10, 2010
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

C'MON BOJ take us to 88-90 Monthly 20 SMA ;)

FXstreet.com (Barcelona) - Asian investors injected large inflows into Japanese crosses to the extreme that it may take no much longer to rattle the nerves from BoJ decision-makers again. As a matter of fact, IMF and G7 weekend meetings showed no censure measures on Japan's recent unilateral intervention in FX market, suggesting the odds for a second round may be higher now.

Read more: http://community.nasdaq.com/news/20...on-the-alert.aspx?storyid=39792#ixzz120YgY1Jn

#59     Oct 10, 2010
  10. TheMan

TheMan

man how bad would it suck for you if i come in to your thread and make a call with 18-1 RR that hits right out of the gate

lol

#60     Oct 10, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.