USD - Up or Down?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by overload, Feb 27, 2004.

1. USD - Up and Down, Up and Down, so on and so forth. :mad:

:confused:

#11     Feb 28, 2004
  2. nobody in the world has ever made claims like you

not even mr market :p

#12     Feb 28, 2004
  3. izeickl

izeickl

I have never said that everyone should buy USD as you will make money without fail, what I HAVE said is that there ARE places where buying USD will make you profits even if over the longer term it is getting weaker. Time frame is what matters. If you are so certain that Eur is heading up I hope you have taken out a huge position and holding for a long time, else be quiet.

I do think it is a wonderful feat making 100 flawless trades a day. I have heard of profitable traders, what Ive never heard of is traders who never lose and they have just been trading with real money for 4 or so weeks. The best traders on this board who have been going for years will still make losing trades. This is what makes you different.

Yes some trades I still lose, I would not try to impress people who know better by saying I have a 100% win rate.

I am not currently long USD as after making a profit I close the trades and re-evaluate the situation. You make it sound like anyone who buys USD is holding onto them for the next 2 years in the sorry hope that this is a USD bottom. My most common time frame is hourly/4hrs....within this time frame there are many places buying USD makes profit, you take the profits, then you look to the next trade which might be selling USD. Buying, selling, taking profits, cutting losses...the concept isnt hard.

#13     Feb 28, 2004
    #14     Feb 28, 2004
  5. Seth, that is simply not true. Most traders who are successful MUST win more than they lose or break even, else they would not be successful, right?

I guess you are saying that my "claim" to success is not warranted and that all traders on this forum are certified losers.

Fine. Call me a liar.

Whatever.

I give up.

You guys ... good luck with your trading.

Later...

Sam

#15     Feb 28, 2004
  6. izeickl

izeickl

I know a trader who made profits over 80% in 2003 with only a ~40% win rate, the key was his money management. Your right in saying traders have to win more than they lose...profit, not trades.

#16     Feb 28, 2004
  7. I say prolonged trading range between 1.20 and 1.30 until june where we possibly get interest rate cut in US. I do not see either 1.20 or 1.30 breaking any time soon. Best thing to do is to sell volatility at this point. or buy directional options at the extremes.

If greenspan has a heart attack, I say dollar loses 400 points and grinds a bit lower until it starts recovering.

#17     Feb 28, 2004
  8. Iz... they caught Bin Laden!

This should make your USD longs go up for sure! (psss: buy heavy)

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...701&call_pageid=968256289824&col=968705899037

lmao,

Sam

#18     Feb 28, 2004
  9. izeickl

izeickl

God man, how many times do I have to tell you that I go both long and short and can still make profits? I just said I wasnt long USD, im not short USD either right at this moment in time. I dont just change my size according to some news event and go heavy/light either. It seems like your missing a few marbles mate, your so frenzied over people who buy USD (you completely ignore time frame and length held) and saying how they are going to lose the shirts on their back.

Why is it so impossible for you to see both long/short trades on the charts?

Why do you think that someone who bought USD would keep holding onto them no matter what and just take a bigger and bigger loss?

Why cant I buy USD for a couple of days when it gets stronger then sell USD when it gets weaker? (this is called TRADING)

#19     Feb 28, 2004
  10. LouDogg

LouDogg

Trading is all about maximizing opportuninties. My analysis is generally right, but generalities don't make money.

Oh, long Euro, but some dips on the way.

#20     Feb 28, 2004