USD up, Dow up

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Blue_Bull, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Mercor

Mercor

The scenario playing out is for interest rates to rise....but the Fed won't ,so look for new bubbles

#11     Dec 4, 2009
  2. mkts rigged and has been since march. proved again the weak $ was bs to move stocks even higher. eveythings a lie

#12     Dec 4, 2009
  3. AyeYo

AyeYo

And you didn't see this coming? How long have a tiny minority of us been saying that this long gold/long US markets/short dollar crap is WAY overcrowded?

If I wasn't so lazy I'd quote myself and a couple others from a few threads a couple weeks ago saying that the market never lets that many people win. Had this "dollar to zero" thing been for real, it would have been the most widely known massively successful trade in the history of the world - that just doesn't happen.

#13     Dec 4, 2009
  4. ayeyo thats not what i was saying. i said it was a damm scam to keep stocks up and today $ threw the roof and stocks still up. the weak $ buy stocks was a scam. stocks would have still gone up

#14     Dec 4, 2009
  5. next week ... yen strong dow weak

:D

#15     Dec 4, 2009
  6. bkveen3

bkveen3

You're an idiot

#16     Dec 4, 2009
  7. AyeYo

AyeYo

Yea, that second paragraph wasn't directed at you.

#17     Dec 4, 2009
  8. Umm... actually, all I've been hearing for the past few months is how the long gold/long US markets trade is way overcrowded. And guess what? That's why it's been powering up. Because everyone thinks they're too high. Right?

#18     Dec 4, 2009
  9. Here is my take:
    Everyone knows that the rally since March
    was because of over supply of cheap dollar despite struggling economy; today may be a turning point because of the employment number -- dollar strengthens also dollar went overseas for carry trade or stayed sideline entered U.S. market because further sign of recovery. :D

#19     Dec 4, 2009
  10. Real traders are ahead of the economy. People that buy after the unemployment gets better will be late to the game.

#20     Dec 4, 2009