USD situation getting serious

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin2, Nov 6, 2007.

1. um what the hell just happened the dollar, I was watching my screens, thought I'd squeeze in a quick game of Halo 3, then all my alarms started going off at once... can't find any news?

#21     Nov 6, 2007
  2. 1.4662 putting up a fight, haven't seen this kind of instant sell off since last thanksgiving night...

#22     Nov 6, 2007
  3. ain't lost on gold....

Dollar holders are being loaded onto boxcars and sent east

#23     Nov 6, 2007
  4. Maybe the word is out on the FED cutting rate tomo....I couldn't figure why the market went up today and wondered if a FED rate cut had been leaked.....

#24     Nov 6, 2007
  5. so no news then, just a major shunt on..?

#25     Nov 6, 2007
  6. A China "advisor" said it would be a good idea to diversify the countries FX reserves into strong currencies like the Euro. That's all. But the market will take any excuse it can at this point.

#26     Nov 6, 2007
  7. Contact B. Bernanke in case of emergency

#27     Nov 6, 2007
  8. plugger

plugger

You're right scriabino. I find that part very perplexing. Why aren't bonds selling off?

You would think that if inflation was ramping higher, bonds would be sold down regardless of Fed policy. Instead they go higher.

This is very odd. I guess the Fed must be 'boxed' in at this point.

* if they cut to save the economy, dollar weakens further
    * if they don't cut, the economy weakens and they will have to cut down the road anyways to save the economy.

Looks like a lose, lose situation for USD bulls. Look at gold, up another $12 overseas.

#28     Nov 6, 2007
  9. Nothing more than stop running.

Watch it reverse and hit 1.45 tomorrow.

#29     Nov 6, 2007
  10. oh right, cheers bud.
    why would you open your mouth and say that.... not the smartest move!

#30     Nov 6, 2007