USD rally

Discussion in 'Forex' started by paradox, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Is there a correlation between TED spread and USD, could it be used as a gauge or leading indicator?

#21     Oct 22, 2008
  2. dhpar

dhpar

this shit is unreal. i tried to catch the knife at 1.3850 and now i am very happy that i bailed out at around 1.36.
    i have no clue what is going on - ok redemptions, stop losses, taking losses on usd portfolios, funding needs etc but almost 20% in the world reserve currency in such a short time? give me a brake.
    is it possible that latam piles into usd again? but they never put savings into their currencies in the first place...

europeans will have no relief from falling crude prices while the only working sector in us (export) will slow in 2009. asians will buy into energy sector for fire sale prices with dollars from their reserves - it really is a war.

#22     Oct 22, 2008
  3. just21

just21

No correlation I see but the whole freezing up of the credit system that has led to dollar strength is being unwound. The dollar is ignoring this at the moment.

#23     Oct 22, 2008
  4. TED spread
    Difference between US Treasury bill rate and Eurodollar rate; used by some traders as a measure of investor/trader anxiety or credit quality

Description according to Bloomberg.
    Could be used, possibly, as an indicator.

#24     Oct 22, 2008
  5. Right, so it could be a leading indicator for a reverse (or at least retrace) of this latest dollar rally?

It's hard to keep up, is this an unwind of previous dollar selling or a dollar rally....

#26     Oct 22, 2008
  6. #27     Oct 22, 2008
  7. Working on it. I'll start up another PC and try some charts.
    Always good exercise, regardless of the results.

#28     Oct 22, 2008
  8. #29     Oct 22, 2008
  9. Daal

Daal

DX could be headed to 90. FX seem to go from one extreme to the next, it could overshoot

#30     Oct 22, 2008