USD rally

Discussion in 'Forex' started by paradox, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Holy crap, 10 cent drop in Cable, wtf :eek:

Can anyone find any technical levels or is this just freefall?

Since when did USD become a safe haven currency anyway, I thought it was always CHF and Gold :confused:

So who's brave enough to catch the falling knife, lol, anyone long Cable or Eur?

#11     Oct 22, 2008
  2. Markets are thin and easily swayed...

When the USD is high and strengthening like this, any foreign investor fleeing from the US pays a lot better for the US than if the USD was weak. I think those saying it is "economic warfare" are absolutely right...

There are no "technical levels" right now, in my opinion - just situational dynamics, mechanics.

When the dust settles; with production and resources coming into focus again - there will be grave consequences from all of this. We are seeing mass nationalizations around the world, and it does not look pretty. This will not just be something with ramifications for 2009 and 2010 budgets - this will be a life-changer, I think.

#12     Oct 22, 2008
  3. Didn't Peter Schiff and Jim Rogers say the USD will goto zero? How the EUR, CHF, CAD and AUD are so much superior?

:cool:

#13     Oct 22, 2008
  4. ends in Nov after election

#14     Oct 22, 2008
  5. futuman

futuman

Who in their right minds are buying this crap called USD at these incredible prices. Shouldn't it be the fiat money of the century and soon priced next to nothing.

#15     Oct 22, 2008
  6. Those of you who have a clue will trade what you see and now what you have a cool story about.

#16     Oct 22, 2008
  7. Ex_d

Ex_d

it's a deep shit and panic..
    If You will have a look at US Treasures transactions You see that hedge funds were escaping to treasures and selling out everything else since August..Why those morons hadn't decided to jump? well cause it was somebody else money...
    See below flow of Cayman Islands for Aug in bln USD

Treas. Ag.bonds Corp. Bonds Stocks
    4,552 -3,484 -3,749 -10,391

#17     Oct 22, 2008
  8. It can be a bit late by the time you see it on a chart, better if you're able to forecast in advance.

Fundamental analysts saw this coming weeks, even months, ago.

#18     Oct 22, 2008
  9. just21

just21

On a positive note, the ted spread got down to 2.77 yesterday.

#19     Oct 22, 2008
  10. sell yer US$ now:D

#20     Oct 22, 2008