usd/jpy Fed Rate Cuts

Discussion in 'Forex' started by nealvan, Jan 18, 2008.

1. nealvan

nealvan

Bernanke says he sees a slowdown not a recession. I think he's full of shit.

#11     Jan 19, 2008
  2. nealvan

nealvan

Ok what I'm going to do is short the gbp/aud... Any thoughts??
    I think the jpy is a little weak of late so I'm going to go with a different cross..

#12     Jan 20, 2008
  3. DrEvil

DrEvil

Looking at usd/jpy on a monthly chart, the most likely outcome is the 102 area within weeks or months. I prefer the gbp/jpy as a short and expect it will be down at 202 or below within the same timeframe. GBP will likely fall against most currencies including aud. I'm taking a long term view though, I'm expecting a bumpy ride.

#13     Jan 20, 2008
  4. nealvan

nealvan

It will be volatile with economic data being adjusted and weighed. 102 is a fair call in line with a down trending trend channel.

#14     Jan 20, 2008
  5. nealvan

nealvan

Anyone buying this stimulus package?.... This won't do anything to help the job market so a verified recession is just a matter of when. With the credit crisis it's going to get ugly for the dollar.

#15     Jan 21, 2008
  6. Shagi

Shagi

Not a surprise here - all jpy rates hammered, its been coming clear and loud

#16     Jan 21, 2008
  7. U.S $ very strong today. Room for a rate cut.

Rate cuts don't necessarily result in depreciation of currency anyway.

Soon we'll see a race to the bottom - everybody trying to devalue to gain a trade advantage.

#17     Jan 21, 2008
  8. nealvan

nealvan

That's something to think about..

#18     Jan 21, 2008
  9. nealvan

nealvan

I don't fallow the Chinese currency but I've heard they are appreciating the Yuan so the Yen should follow it's path. I think it was Jim Rogers that said the Yen will go up in a matter of time and the way he said it was like it will really appreciate.

#19     Jan 21, 2008
  10. nealvan

nealvan

November 04, 2007

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pHHyjd-RrcI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pHHyjd-RrcI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#20     Jan 21, 2008