USD index

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Piptaker, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Cswim63

Cswim63

Scratched that Cad. Now I'm going to lock up the platform so I can't trade anymore till maybe tomorrow. And I'm going to put handcuffs on.

#701     Aug 24, 2017
  2. Piptaker

Piptaker

I feel your pain.

There's a lack of professional activity (volume) US session which means choppy and erratic, I take my lead off US session into ASIA then London, I don't trade by throwing a dart at the board either.

And I was expecting Eur/Usd to go higher today US session.

Hope we're not going to a news driven market again.

#702     Aug 24, 2017
  3. Cswim63

Cswim63

That's the second time this week Cad has closed on H.O.D. Unfortunately there's so little liquidity to trade it.

#703     Aug 24, 2017
  4. Cswim63

Cswim63

Short USD Cad from 1.2525. It pushed below 1.2520 finally, then retraced up. I was all over it. It would be nice to have confirmation from the other currencies, too, but it's that kind of market.

#704     Aug 24, 2017
  5. Piptaker

Piptaker

Yeah lots of fake moves this week Ive been happy taking short term profits at supp and res areas this week. Just one of those weeks.

#705     Aug 24, 2017
  6. Cswim63

Cswim63

It throws off my rhythm. By the time there's confirmation, the move is just about over it seems. Or there's violent reversals like CHF during (today) NY session. If you trade like I do and try to catch retracements in the direction of the prevailing trend, it's not working that well. It suddenly dawned on me today that it's just a thin and directionless market, and that's why I was struggling.

#706     Aug 24, 2017
  7. Cswim63

Cswim63

Flat. Finally a winner. I just don't want to hang around this market.

#707     Aug 24, 2017
  8. Cswim63

Cswim63

Nzd finally catching a bid. That was worrying me too. Cad was up, but AUD, EUR, Nzd were down. I want to see them all moving together, more or less.

#708     Aug 24, 2017
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Too bad Victory isn't around. I'd like to get some kind of valuation number on NZD. Seems to have been sold a little too hard.

#709     Aug 24, 2017
  10. Cswim63

Cswim63

Pronounced H+S on the daily NZD though. Funny cause everyone is talking about whether the USD is going to strengthen or just stay weak. Well, it depends on what you look at. USD index is like 57% euro. That seems kind of silly in one way.

#710     Aug 24, 2017