USD index

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Piptaker, Jul 22, 2016.

1. I forgot about this but if euro is on the way to appreciate as I expected, I think it will converge to 1.0773 within next week. It's because usually, when there is an election, price depreciates due to the uncertainty in the politics. So euro needs to appreciate before it could depreciate. Just making up a reason :)

#531     Apr 13, 2017
  2. Piptaker

Piptaker

Here's another one. If a Le pen win is expected by the big boys then the Euro will rally, they will want it higher to short off.

#532     Apr 13, 2017
  3. Piptaker

Piptaker

I look at those another way the momentum in the up move, price and vol clues in the consolidation before the drop and the price structure to the left.

#533     Apr 13, 2017
  4. Piptaker

Piptaker

Aud/usd may have reversed (1hr tf) looking for longs next week after Easter expecting it to make res 7700 ish

#534     Apr 13, 2017
    victorycountry likes this.
  5. Before we consider French election, there is one thing that I overlooked. US will release its yearly inflation rate later today.

I think this macro news will be a key event that will determine euro's final destination and I have bet on 'up' :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    #535     Apr 13, 2017
  6. Piptaker

Piptaker

Ok. Yep US news calendar is busy today but I won't be trading it till next tues after the hols and your right major news needs to be assessed. GL

#536     Apr 14, 2017
  7. I think euro is finally appreciating. I did suffer from European opening effect but I use hedging instead of stop loss so I only suffer from the spread I set, keeping my long positions alive. But I will avoid holding positions prior to the opening from now. Thinking of it, it was unnecessary loss.

I have reduced my long positions from 4 to 2 but as long as they reach 1.0773 or somewhere near based on new inflation rate which will be released later today, I will be happy

#537     Apr 14, 2017
  8. I am read certain news about rumor if there are some another country also want to exit from euro united, but I don't know for sure and if this occured might also can influenced on euro as currency

#538     Apr 14, 2017
  9. Piptaker

Piptaker

Yes there's a few countries talking referendum's but France is the biggy .

#539     Apr 14, 2017
  10. Piptaker

Piptaker

Early European session often shakes out, glad your onto it.

I've got a close eye on Eur/usd next week for long set ups. Tuesday maybe a slow start European open.

#540     Apr 14, 2017