USD index

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Piptaker, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Piptaker

Piptaker

eur struc.jpg

#511     Jan 28, 2017
  2. Piptaker

Piptaker

early euro monday trading low liquidity stop run,looking to sell the tl break

eurstop run.jpg

#512     Jan 29, 2017
  3. doggyfx

doggyfx

So you sold? Got stopped? I think tomorrow is a big day for greenback rally.

#513     Jan 31, 2017
  4. Piptaker

Piptaker

Didnt follow up as didnt think anybody was interested.
    I'll post a chart in a bit with some more expectations and the euro showed this week the importance of having an expectation..

Anyways Yes sold the tl break like I said and it did go on to tank.. I covered 1 position at next structure and stopped out break even with other.

I agree it's certainly aiming for a number should get exhaustive move soon chart coming ..

#514     Jan 31, 2017
  5. When Euro announced the lastest interest rate, the expected mean price of EURUSD for next 3 month is 1.070 and next 6 month is 1.074. Thus, the current price is above the mean price and will expect to depreciate. But do not short it now. Short it when you detect the trend reversal, that is when there is excess speculation to form resistance to prevent the euro from appreciating more.

#515     Jan 31, 2017
    Piptaker likes this.
  6. When BOJ left its interest rate unchanged yesterday, the expected mean price of USDJPY for next 3 month is 113.35 and it is currently trading at 112.81. So it is undervalued. But again, wait until your volatility measure indicates that there is trend reversal. Well, I've learned this through hard lesson as you guys know

#516     Jan 31, 2017
  7. Pound is undervalued and expected to appreciate to 1.2585
    Euro is undervalued and is expected to appreciate to 1.0845
    Aud dollar is done (it's at mean price)
    Kiwi is overvalued and is expected to depreciate to 0.7208
    Yen is overvalued and expected to depreciate to 112.29

This analysis is for long term trading

#517     Feb 3, 2017
  8. Piptaker

Piptaker

Spot on, exhaustion still hasn't come which is expected for the Eurusd as this up move is still correctional rather than trend until that happens it's not a sell(4hr) there was some great daytrading opps last week though on both sides....

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    #518     Feb 5, 2017
  9. Piptaker

Piptaker

Yes well the only problem I have with the USDJPY being a long term buy is that this will be the vehicle for many traders if Trump opens his mouth for devaluing the dollar as that alone could easily cause a 10% drop.

#519     Feb 5, 2017
  10. Pound, yen, aussie and kiwi are at their intrinsic value. So unless they deviate substantially from their current price, I will wait.

Only euro is undervalued. I think their intrinsic value is around 1.0773 and the current price will rise from today again after the pullback yesterday. I think yesterday's low will not break.

Happy easters, pip and swim :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    #520     Apr 13, 2017