USD index

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Piptaker, Jul 22, 2016.

1. EURO will report its inflation rate next week.
    Given the current forecasated info and holding every other things constant, the mean EURUSD is 1.0749
    If it depreciates below this level, better either bring down the stop or take the profit

#501     Jan 25, 2017
  2. Cswim63

Cswim63

I'm out. I'll wait till this trading range is broken either way. Just getting chopped up trying to chase momentum, then it disappears.

#502     Jan 25, 2017
  3. Cswim63

Cswim63

107.20 key below. Above its 107.50 then the most recent high. The breakout from this range should move pretty well.

#503     Jan 25, 2017
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Aussie banks were on holiday today. Maybe that is why there has not been "joey fightback"?

#504     Jan 25, 2017
    Piptaker likes this.
  5. Cswim63

Cswim63

USD/Jpy all of a sudden not going down. I tried to short it on the last bounce to the 113.40 area. When it didn't move down I got out. I have that as a key area 113.35 to .40. It certainly looked as though the pair would keep falling below 113.10. Now watching Euro, Aud, GBP for failure. Gold staying below 1200. Can't reconcile weak gold with a weak dollar.

#505     Jan 25, 2017
  6. Piptaker

Piptaker

Euro looking like it's definitely aiming for a res level or a number now weak churning hh's I'd say an exhaustive move is close, US unemployment claims coming up.

#506     Jan 26, 2017
    Cswim63 likes this.
  7. This wasn't expected but I did notice that the currency pair failed to cross 113 twice before it changed its direction on 30 minute time frame. When Dow Jones crossed its crucial resistance level of 20,000 for the first time in its history of over 100 years, investors all of sudden appear to want to invest in US stock market , resulting in excess cash inflow to US market, causing US dollar to appreciate ... that's what I think what happened

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    #507     Jan 26, 2017
  8. Have shorted USDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY and AUDJPY upon Japan's inflation rate release.
    JPY to strengthen for now because when I checked the calendar, there was nothing in its way. So until there is any other important macro news or Trump's surprise comment, I anticipate Yen to strengthen.

I also have checked my volatility indicator, - uptrend (strengthening in US dollar) has stopped for now.

#508     Jan 26, 2017
    Piptaker likes this.
  9. Piptaker

Piptaker

Obviously a longer tf trade ?

#509     Jan 26, 2017
  10. I got stopped out. I was wrong about Japan's economy. They are in recession and has been in the situation for long time now. Yesterday Japan reported foreign investment in Japan. It was substantially negative which means both domestic and foreign investors are withdrawing their money in Japan and invest them in else where. Even though today's inflation report was positive, it did not surprise investors .

I completely ignored the fundemental side...and only focused on thr calculation. That was completely my fault.
    The recent t depreciation in USDJPY was caused US dollar, ... Yen didnot strengthen at all.

It's definitely long now for USDJPY.

I bet it will appreciate to 126 level in the near future. And yes, I will soon initiate long term long positions at the right time

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    #510     Jan 27, 2017
    Piptaker likes this.