USD index

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Piptaker, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Piptaker

Piptaker

turned right on the money

gold lev.jpg

#291     Nov 4, 2016
  2. Cswim63

Cswim63

Nice. Wish I could tell you that I held on to euro, aud, etc. through the chop, but I didn't. Looking at it now, I see USD/JPY which doesn't seem to have bottomed. I can't really point to anything to say that except I don't see signs of panic and capitulation. And I look to the action in stocks as well. Just really shaky

#292     Nov 4, 2016
  3. Piptaker

Piptaker

Yes heavy dollar selling ahead of elections

#293     Nov 4, 2016
  4. Piptaker

Piptaker

Looking to Monday Asia and London sessions there was no intraday profit taking at the end of friday US session on the EUR/USD which would normally mean a weak opening so the expectation going into Monday Asia is for strong open.

#294     Nov 4, 2016
  5. Cswim63

Cswim63

Yes

#295     Nov 4, 2016
  6. Piptaker

Piptaker

For anybody who wishes to get started with order flow read and understand this book, it will get you going on the right path. Ignore the vsa software.

http://tradeguider.com/mtm_251058.pdf

#296     Nov 4, 2016
  7. Piptaker

Piptaker

This was worded a bit wrong, intraday profit taking friday US session would indicator weak asia open monday, but there wasn't :rolleyes:

#297     Nov 4, 2016
  8. Cswim63

Cswim63

Got it. Unusual trading for a Friday afternoon. Thought about carrying a USD/JPY short into Monday, then decided against it. If it sells off hard, I'll just wait for the retracement. If it doesn't I didn't miss anything.

#298     Nov 4, 2016
  9. Yesterday, most of currency pairs as well as futures (e.g. gold, oil, even indexes) if not all, went through non-dominant trends (correction) so I did not even bother trading.

I just don't know how to use contrarian strategy (market' makers correction strategy) yet.

#299     Nov 4, 2016
    Piptaker likes this.
  10. Hi Swim, how are you? good to see you around :)

#300     Nov 4, 2016