USD index

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Piptaker, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Piptaker

Piptaker

The big boys (longer term players)are still mainly short USD, long Euro (lightened a little again)and Aussie they're still short, in fact they've increased shorts slightly but no were near the levels we saw back in April

#231     Oct 1, 2016
  2. Piptaker

Piptaker

I'm flat but I'm just a day trader these days :D, got the bounce on the EU like I said was going to happen, they got to buy lower than I expected

#232     Oct 1, 2016
  3. Piptaker

Piptaker

expecting ozzie to finish the week down next week

#233     Oct 1, 2016
  4. Piptaker

Piptaker

I'll be watching rallies early next week to sell into (aususd)

#234     Oct 1, 2016
  5. Cswim63

Cswim63

I'm flat. Not trading much but couldn't resist the dB selloff, since I had been stalking it for awhile. Selling in Euro and Aud seemed to shutoff again.

#235     Oct 1, 2016
  6. Cswim63

Cswim63

Just looked at EUR/AUD cross. Looks like a breakout and retest on daily. Very interesting. Going to be watching that and seeing if there's any implications for Asian equities if Aud moves lower. And I did have your (Pip)comments about Euro in the back of my mind when I was taking profits on the short position. That proved to be the right move. More triangulation till it ends eventually.

#236     Oct 2, 2016
    Piptaker likes this.
  7. Piptaker

Piptaker

Check out usd\can for longer term sell on daily chart

#237     Oct 2, 2016
  8. Piptaker

Piptaker

Get your 5m 15m short term reversal strategies in order... next good few weeks is going to be like that eurusd I think

#238     Oct 2, 2016
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Yeah I've been watching that
    I had it breaking above 1.32 but it couldn't hold. A move lower would probably trap some traders still long and holding on.

#239     Oct 2, 2016
  10. Cswim63

Cswim63

Buy weakness sell strength?

#240     Oct 2, 2016