USD index

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Piptaker, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Cswim63

Cswim63

Usd/JPY just lost its momentum. Euro, Aud struggling again. I sense the market is going to have a big move, cause it's pretty tightly wound up here. I just don't know which way.

#211     Aug 23, 2016
  2. Cswim63

Cswim63

Long usd/JPY, short euro, aud. I strongly believe there are traders trapped long here, based on today's action.

#212     Aug 23, 2016
  3. Cswim63

Cswim63

Market of currencies today, not so much a currency market. Hard to pick out trend in dollar. Crosses.

#213     Aug 24, 2016
  4. Cswim63

Cswim63

Finally got some downside movement in Aud. It's still range bound as we sit here. Flat. Slightly positive day after a horrendous day yesterday where I did everything wrong. That's how I figured there were traders trapped long against the dollar, cause I had been one of them . Hook, line, and sinker I swallowed. Then I spit it out and swallowed it again. Cautious now going into Yellen speech, which is an exercise in ridiculousness.

#214     Aug 24, 2016
  5. Cswim63

Cswim63

Breakout mode in AUD

#215     Aug 24, 2016
  6. Cswim63

Cswim63

Euro, aud, Nzd, really tightly wound. Treading very lightly. Managed to take a few pips earlier, mostly in GBP on its push down. Looking forward to the end of summer already.

#216     Aug 25, 2016
  7. Piptaker

Piptaker

yes usd not showing much interest to the high side last couple days

#217     Aug 26, 2016
  8. Cswim63

Cswim63

I'm still skeptical, no matter what she said. Euro still range bound, same with Aussie. Maybe it's a different range, so what?

#218     Aug 26, 2016
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Well, the currency markets seem to believe her, at least for one day. So I have to respect that. However I'd like to point out that if the dollar increases, she's probably not going to get her 2% inflation, nor full employment. So actually just by talking she can achieve something. If she actually does something, I don't think the economy will be able to take it. So then they are definitely not hitting their targets. The whole thing stinks IMO.

#219     Aug 26, 2016
  10. Cswim63

Cswim63

I'm Short everything against the dollar from this evening. Too much turmoil going on with the bond market. I sense a flight to quality. Euro again the strongest in this situation, so I'm looking to get out of that first.

#220     Sep 13, 2016