USD index

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Piptaker, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Cswim63

Cswim63

I did post elsewhere that I noticed that gold had stopped going down, and that it wouldn't surprise me if the euro rallied. That was about 630am. Why? Because both were struggling to go down. That's the reason.

#151     Aug 12, 2016
  2. Cswim63

Cswim63

I guess we didn't post our trades, but I was short euro, and Aussie from when I saw the weakness in gold. Got out at around 8pm on the push down and waited for London open, which I kind of fudged up, but managed to extricate myself a few hours later at a profit.

#152     Aug 12, 2016
  3. Piptaker

Piptaker

Gold is approaching significant highs doggy that go back to early 2014 so it's going to have to correct if it wants to go higher

#153     Aug 12, 2016
  4. Piptaker

Piptaker

yup you were right about the stops being run too which is exactly what happened

#154     Aug 12, 2016
  5. Cswim63

Cswim63

Kind of a difficult trade in retrospect. Went long euro, aud about 430 this am (NY time). Got into Cad long later. Lots of chop for hours and hours. Bought AUD between .7660 and .70, averaging down. EUR at 1.1170. Cad around 12930 but I was able to trade around that a few times. Finally, finally was able to unload all on the push up around 1030am. Looking back I sold right near the top. Had I tried to get back in on any retracement I probably would have given much of it back. Apologize for not posting in real time, going to be better about that. ++2.75% on the day.

#155     Aug 15, 2016
  6. Cswim63

Cswim63

Went long euro, aud, cad on the first good pullback after the news came out at 830am. Scalped out as soon as I had 8-10 pips. I really don't like catching knives like that, but it is in the direction of the trend. Wasn't going to trade, as I felt I had missed it, but when i saw the price drop it was too compelling. Up +.6%.

#156     Aug 16, 2016
  7. Cswim63

Cswim63

Went back to the well a second time. That was not such a friendly neighborhood. Was heavily long aud, light euro and Cad. The euro and Cad moved around enough to let me out, but the Aussie stayed mired in that same trading range .75 to.95. Managed to get out at a profit but took big risk for the reward. Never got that push up above like the euro. Oh well done for the day ++2%

#157     Aug 16, 2016
  8. Cswim63

Cswim63

I am right on the fence about the Euro. That sort of felt like a little blow off right out of one area of resistance right into another. Right now the tape still has to be considered positive, but I'm staying back. Aud really trading kind of funny too, lagging the Euro. The way I see it, Aud and Nzd should be leading an upleg to be considered bullish. Waiting for more info.

#158     Aug 16, 2016
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Cad really strong, but it's been up 8 days in a row. I'd be looking for some signs of weakness.

#159     Aug 16, 2016
  10. Piptaker

Piptaker

usd.jpg

USD index

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    #160     Aug 17, 2016