USD index

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Piptaker, Jul 22, 2016.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

Gold continues to drop, drop, drop ... towards 1205

#1531     Jul 19, 2018
  2. Cswim63

Cswim63

Managed to get a little of the Aussie short after the London open. Thought it might bounce here around .7340 so I got out. Now USD very strong. What a difference from last night. Waiting for the next setup.

#1532     Jul 19, 2018
  3. themickey

themickey

#1533     Jul 19, 2018
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

5. Cswim63

Cswim63

Staying clear of the explosion until the pieces settle. Beware any market that just looks too easy. If it's obvious to me it's obvious to everyone else.

#1535     Jul 19, 2018
  6. themickey

themickey

Wow, nice drop, let's hope it continues.

#1536     Jul 20, 2018
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

UJ 60 min.png Seems like it will. Although just touches intermediate support.

If it takes that out on a closing basis another pips or so down it might go:

#1537     Jul 20, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  8. themickey

themickey

Somehow the market is not convinced that USD gonna head further south.
    My interpretation of overnight data/charts, smart money is fence sitting, not committing.
    On the metals side of things which imo are quite influenced by USD direction, volumes in general are high but price moves are low and the ways prices closed overnight they are closing not near the top of their range. Lithium, Nickel, Coal, diversified mining, Copper, Gold, Aluminium stocks were all more or less lethargic or down. The exception was iron ore which looked half baked ok.
    Clevelands Cliffs was up 12%, but without digging too deep, think this was maybe due to ASX listed Mineral Resources buying out their mine site and equipment in WesternAustralia.

#1538     Jul 21, 2018
    Cswim63 likes this.
  9. themickey

themickey

10. That's a kewl indicator package you are showing.

es

#1540     Jul 21, 2018
    SunTrader likes this.