usd depreciating

Discussion in 'Economics' started by clarodina, Aug 11, 2012.

1. guys not talking about deposit but rather trading capital with broker which you would use daily

#11     Aug 13, 2012
  2. will they guarantee me that when I get it back it will be worth more than when I loaned it?

#12     Aug 13, 2012
  3. USD won't move enough in a day to be concerned and usually moves inversely to what ever else you have on. If really concerned keep It spread over the other pairs. (Not at 40 to 1, 1 to 1)

for instance for every 100k in cash keep 50k long EUR/USD or 25k long AUD/USD and 25k long GBP/USD

or 25k short USD/CAD 25k short USD/JPY

or heck, just become a full blown forex trader

then with 100k in cash you can trade a million (or much more) USD long or short

#13     Aug 13, 2012
  4. Bob111

Bob111

sure..just read the disclosure and check out the rates first..
    cause it may be only few pennies more than you loan it. but it will be more,guaranteed :p

#14     Aug 13, 2012
  5. I mean when you figure out what a dollar is worth now compared to when I made the loan

#15     Aug 13, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

look..if you live in US and spend your dollars here-you should stop worrying about your fucking money. have you noticed any difference in your life style,when euro was 1:1 or when it was 1.45 to dollar? tell us here,honestly. have you noticed ANY difference?

now-if you trying to make a buck off it-it's called speculation or trading and it's comes with certain risks. big ones. those are your choices-you can live risk free life OR squeeze your balls in your fist and assume the fucking risks. short your dollar,buy euro,whatever..it's all out there..even in forms of ETF's. all sorts of baskets..high inflation countries vs low, high interest countries vs low..the list is endless..it's all up to you or you prefer an answer \advise from some random people on some public board? it's not a t shirt..there is no one size fits all.

#16     Aug 13, 2012
  7. this day and age, it is irresponsible to manage any portfolio without some kind of currency component. I'm not worried about my current lifestyle. I'm looking forward to my future net worth.

#17     Aug 13, 2012
  8. How much is currency of your total net worth?

#18     Aug 13, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

that would be my next question....cause some of folks i know having 7-8 figures in cash at bank and sleeps ok ....

#19     Aug 13, 2012
  10. depends on the exchange rate. Everytime one of those container ships goes across the ocean it is a boatload of currency risk.

#20     Aug 13, 2012