Usd/cad

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Ivanovich, Sep 30, 2005.

1. when you're skalping it, it does. :D

#51     Oct 2, 2005
  2. Chood

Chood

Saved from what? there's nothing at stake. It's like when you're sitting at the bar making "TV" bets on the ballgames -- you know, just pretend, but it breaks the monotony and makes for chatter.

#52     Oct 2, 2005
  3. Riiight, I'm not a trader.

what I'm doing with trades open in 15 pairs in every direction under the sun who the fck knows.

oh yeah, one thing I'm doing is waiting till USD/JPY gets to 113.95 so I can open another short. :cool:

fx

#53     Oct 2, 2005
  4. Here my take on CAD. The Canadian dollar is tied to a better economy than any of the major currencies. Both a trade and government surplus, neutral oil exposure (although a perceived positive exposure) and strong consumer demand from consumers that have not destroyed there balance sheets like the other Anglo-saxon countries.

Generals always fight the last war the the general self-perception of the Canadian business establishment is closer to the reality of 1995 than 2005. Nobody is willing to realize the financial strength and stability of the nation finances.

It is this perception that will cause the Bank of Canada to continue to raise rates at least once more and the federal government to resist the urge to increase transfer payment to the provence for healthcare and education. This will cause the dual surpluses to grow for years to come.

It is a very realistic thesis at this point to suggest that Canada is on the path to become a low yield/high currency country like Japan or Switzerland. I can see that ten years from know the $C being worth $U.S.1.10 and the bank rate at %0.75.

#54     Oct 2, 2005
  5. Ten years is too long of a time frame for most of the posters on this board.

FXsKaLpEr's time frame is 10 minutes.

#55     Oct 2, 2005
  6. First of all, that's not my chart. I quoted another user - so check before you spout off, "uninformed guest".

Second, Skaplz, I started this thread. It's about what I'd like it to be about. USD/CAD, and nothing I've said is off topic. It's not about CAD/JPY, and I have no positions open in that, to answer your question.

#56     Oct 3, 2005
  7. Cheers, Chood - nice to have some intellect in an otherwise dull thread.

#57     Oct 3, 2005
  8. ?????????

Why are you hijacking this thread with your nonsense?

????????

#58     Oct 3, 2005
  9. The Canadian economy is the healthiest of the G8 and the only one not drowning in government deficit. There you have it. US have the twin deficits, we have the twin surpluses.

Export lumber, import everything else!

Recession free since 1992

#59     Oct 3, 2005
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

He's not, it's his thread to begin with.

#60     Oct 3, 2005