USD About To Soar?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by cstfx, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Me? I've been short the dollar and long the euro for a while now. I don't agree with it fundamentally, but I follow the price action.

So much for your assumption, eh? We all know what they say about assuming.

#11     Jun 30, 2009
  2. What was my assumption? I didn't realize I assumed anything in the previous post. If you're making money by shorting the dollar, then why cry over fundamentals? My original post was to point out that it is possible that you are misreading them, or isn't it?

And no, I don't know what they say about assuming.

#12     Jun 30, 2009
  3. 1. Your comment about how I "sound a lot like someone who was burned by dollar longs" is an assumption. You are assuming that I was burned by having dollar longs. If that was not what you meant to say, then I misread.

2. The phrase "When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME." It's an old one.

3. I'm not "crying over fundamentals", but merely noting how they play no concern in the current EUR/USD uptrend. I am not the only one who thinks so.

Price action is all that matters.

#13     Jun 30, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

it's a race to the bottom for both currencies.

#14     Jun 30, 2009
  5. Finally, something we can agree on.

#15     Jun 30, 2009
  6. ad 1/ and 3/ "sound like" and "you must have been" aren't the same, ie. I wasn't assuming you were burnt, you just phrased your comment in a way that reveals aggravation with the market, ie. the market doesn't seem to agree with you. My point is that obviously there are tons of market participants who don't share your views on the fundamentals, especially outside the US. When it comes to a currency pair it doesn't matter that both are in a shithole, the only thing that matters is which one's deeper. Right now the American is deeper, rightly so, thus EUR going up. Can/will it turn? Surely so.

ad 2/ I haven't heard it yet, but thanks for the phrase. Either I'm too young (I wish), or it must be that I'm not American.

#16     Jun 30, 2009
  7. There are "tons" of market viewers that share my commentary as well as those who don't. For example, all we heard about lately was the reserve story propping up the EUR - ie, people shifting away from dollar reserves and into Euros.

Wrong. Data released today shows that dollar reserves actually increased quarter over quarter, and EUR reserves decreased.

The EU has just as many problems fundamentally with deflation, banks, unemployment, etc., the difference is that the market focuses on the US having the issues. Everyone loves to hate a dolla'. And that's fine, I'll play silly and make money until silly is no longer in season.

Now, if I may make an "assumption", you sound like someone who is a dolla' hater. Please, I would love to be enlightened by why you think the EU outshines the US. I need a good schooling.

#17     Jun 30, 2009