USA! USA! USA! Winning the coronavirus race

Discussion in 'Economics' started by monet, Mar 25, 2020.

1. smallfil

smallfil

China placed 10 large incinerators in Wuhan, China at the height of the crises. What are the odds they are burning bodies of the victims? Both to hide it and for safety reasons? China has more victims than it is reporting. Remember there are 2 billion Chinese, how many would have been infected and died? Probably, north of 10,000 easily. Some of the test kits are also, defective per US experts which is why they did not buy them. Other countries used those test kits which might have given them negative readings for someone who is actually, positive? Nobody really knows the extent of infections and deaths in other countries. You have to assume their figures are accurate.

#21     Mar 25, 2020
  2. maxinger

maxinger

I am sure all human creatures fabricate data.

When we were in school doing projects, we fabricated data perhaps because
    the experiment didn't turn up well.

When we worked as engineers, scientists .... , we also fabricated data
    perhaps because we have to make presentation to the management and
    we wanted nice presentation

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    #22     Mar 25, 2020
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

what kind of shit-tier school did you attend & shit-tier company do you work for? Unless you're trolling in response to someone I got on ignore?

#23     Mar 25, 2020
    Atikon, gmal and gaussian like this.
  4. Umm, I think that you failed to notice the sarcasm of the opening post.

#24     Mar 25, 2020
    monet likes this.
  5. hhiusa

hhiusa

So I did then. Oh well. I would not have been surprised if he were serious.

#25     Mar 25, 2020
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

I would add, it appears, that Italy also has not peaked/flattened out yet as well.

#26     Mar 26, 2020
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

We we do road improvement stat's at great length and accuracy the bosses who don't understand make us tweak them so THEY look good.

Everybody lies including scientists, which makes it really tricky to have a clue what's going on.

#27     Mar 26, 2020
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Main issue is, hospital bed / ventilator shortages so I'd like to see Hospital uptake and out take figures.

If 1000 got admitted to hospital, 600 got realeased and 100 got moved to ICU and 50 died then hospital +300 and ICU +50 ( assuming no hospital deaths )

When that turns negative, then you can ease lockdowns and let it spread more to get it over with.

The issue is the 14day lag, your reacting to something that's always too late, makes it tricky.

Then I'd like to see the same data for the last few Flu seasons, my theory being this gets around faster than normal flu as more people get to spread, so the spike is just harder.

#28     Mar 26, 2020
  9. gkishot

gkishot

Coronavirus global statistics:
    487,452 cases
    22,028 deaths

The global mortality rate is about 5%.

#29     Mar 26, 2020
  10. monet

monet

Update: 80,000 recorded cases (+30k since yesterday)
    usa-usa-usa-mar26.png

[​IMG]

easter_day_calendar_2020.png

me-win.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    #30     Mar 26, 2020