USA Paranoia.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Oct 6, 2006.

1. .

October 6, 2006

SouthAmerica: The Folha de Sao Paulo published a front page article today under the heading of “Paranoia” USA includes President Evo Morales on antiterrorist list.

Then the article went on to describe the names of the people that Americans have to keep on their priority watch list to make sure these people does not get inside of the United States to commit a terrorist act on US soil.

This coming Sunday the program “60 Minutes” on CBS will comment on the list of 44,000 people who are considered dangerous by the US government - They are considered to be potential terrorists.

There are some names on the list that the US government should keep their eyes open because these people can show up on the USA at any time to commit a terrorist attack in the US – The most dangerous people on the US government list that they should have a high alert for their immediate capture are:

1) Saddam Hussein

2) The 19 Al Qaeda terrorists that died on the terrorist attack of 9/11

Note: The article does not mention if Osama Bin Ladden’s name is included on that list.

But I am glad that Saddam Hussein and the dead Al Qaeda terrorists made the US government new list.

Keep up the good work and keep looking for Saddam Hussein and the dead Al Qaeda terrorists – since you guys are doing "a heck of a job.”

If you guys keep looking hard enough you eventually might catch even Saddam Hussein.

Regarding Evo Morales the President of Bolivia making the US terrorist list – Maybe Americans think that he might attack the United States with his “Bow and Arrow.”

A Folha de Sao Paulo – October 6, 2006
    “EUA incluem Evo Morales em lista antiterrorista”
    da Efe, em Nova York

O presidente da Bolívia, Evo Morales, está na lista utilizada pelas forças de segurança dos Estados Unidos para rastrear a presença de possíveis terroristas entre os passageiros de vôos, segundo a cadeia americana CBS.

O programa "60 minutes", da CBS, revelará na edição deste domingo (8) alguns dos detalhes mais curiosos da lista que, segundo a investigação jornalística, foi elaborada de maneira muito precipitada.

Segundo o site da CBS, a lista, com 44 mil nomes, inclui pessoas com tão pouca probabilidade de realizar um ato terrorista como o presidente da Bolívia, Evo Morales, ou o porta-voz do Parlamento libanês, Nabih Berri.

Outras pessoas com poucas chances de delinqüir são o ex-governante iraquiano Saddam Hussein, que está detido, e os membros da Al Qaeda que seqüestraram os aviões de 11 de setembro de 2001, que morreram nos ataques.

A lista inclui, por outra parte, nomes tão comuns que são compartilhados por milhares de pessoas inocentes no mundo todo, como Gary Smith, John Williams e Robert Johnson.

Na reportagem, que irá ao ar no domingo, o ex-agente do FBI [polícia federal americana] Jack Cloonan diz que a lista foi elaborada de maneira precipitada após os ataques de 11 de setembro de 2001 em Nova York e Washington.

Uma revisão da lista revela que ela não inclui alguns dos supostos terroristas vivos mais perigosos, como os 11 britânicos que supostamente planejavam explodir um avião com explosivos líquidos e que estavam sob investigação há mais de um ano.

2. Indeed, it is all rather silly. When one thinks of the horrors that our parents, grand parents and great grandparents went through in the two world wars, it tends to put whatever threat that may or may not exist today into some sort of perspective.

If one wanted to find a truely frightening scenario, look no further back than the Cuban missile crisis. If Bush had been president then would we all be here today ? No threat today can hold a candle to some of the crises of the 20th century.

Carefully calculated paranoia would be appropriate description of todays world.

3. .

October 6, 2006

SouthAmerica: I did not see the list of the 44,000 people that the US government considers to be potential terrorists and a threat to the United States.

I hope they did not forget to add the name of "Che Guevara" to their latest list of potential terrorists.

4. Also notibaly missing is Bill Clinton for pardoning the Puerto Rican terrorists to get Hillary elected.

5. maxpi

maxpi

I've had people ask me why my generation [early boomer] was nuts!! I told them when I grew up we were expecting to be nuked by the Russians and nobody seemed to be thinking more than a week ahead. It was true for me. I lived like there was no future in the 60's, no thought for the future at all. By the 80's I finally realized that I would have to learn to cope and deal and have a retirement fund!! Still working on all that. I now see that the corporations were amassing huge fortunes on this paranoia and fighting communism long after it was no real threat at all. I just read "confessions of an economic hit man", what a read.

6. On the topic of nuclear war, it seems that stupidity knows no bounds. Apparently the US military is modifying some of it's ICBMs to carry a conventional rather than nuclear warhead - possible target Nth Korea. The problem with this is that the Russians and Chinese can't tell if an ICBM is nuclear armed or not especially if fired from a submarine equipped with both nuclear and conventionaly armed missiles. A breakdown in communication, lines of command on either side, even a technical malfunction and the unthinkable becomes possible.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/10/06/MNGF9LJSMM1.DTL

7. That book was an excellent read. for the other side of the coin you might want to read "Hoodwinked". It's slant is obviously to the right, but truth is truth wherever you find it. Mis-information and half truths are the weapons used by both sides of the isle.
    On a more humorous note, I too remeber the impending nuke attack, hiding under our desks in school as if that would save us.

8. .

Sputdr: Also notibaly missing is Bill Clinton for pardoning the Puerto Rican terrorists to get Hillary elected.

October 8, 2006

SouthAmerica: When you argue with silly stuff like that – I have nothing else to say.

9. Mass Venezuela opposition rally
    By Greg Morsbach
    BBC News, Caracas

The rally was on a scale not seen since 2004
    Tens of thousands of people have marched through the Venezuelan capital, Caracas, in support of the main opposition candidate, Manuel Rosales.
    Mr Rosales will face President Hugo Chavez in December's presidential poll.

The march, which filled the main avenues of the city centre, was the biggest opposition rally Venezuela has seen since early 2004.

Then, protesters made an unsuccessful bid to oust Mr Chavez from power in a recall referendum.

Chance to unite

Young and old took to the streets to throw their weight behind the campaign of Mr Rosales, a middle-class Social Democrat who governs the state of Zulia, on the Colombian border.

Many claimed that they were seeking liberty and democracy and that made Mr Rosales their only option:

Rosales criticised Chavez's policy on Venezuela's oil
    "The problem of the opposition is that before we had a lot of candidates and people couldn't make up their minds whom to support," one woman said.

"Right now we have just one candidate and I believe that we have a better shot if we have just one candidate against Chavez."

For some it was simply a day out to enjoy the sunshine, but for most it was a chance to listen to a speech by Mr Rosales, who declared that Venezuela was "at a crossroads".

Mr Rosales condemned what he called the cheque book diplomacy of Mr Chavez, accusing him of giving away Venezuela's oil wealth to foreign powers.

If Mr Rosales can keep up this kind of pressure against his rival, the election results may not necessarily be a foregone conclusion.

But for now, Mr Chavez still enjoys a clear lead in opinion polls because of a sense of loyalty that poor and working-class voters feel towards him.

10. .

sputdr: Mass Venezuela opposition rally

October 9, 2006

SouthAmerica: As far as I know Hugo Chavez’ name is not on the list of potential terrorists.

Are you trying to imply that there are thousands of potential terrorists in Venezuela?

You are mixturing up all the potential terrorists and their causes and everything else into a big mix salad and you have lost any sense of why the US government has created this terrorist list in the first place.

You are talking on your posting about Puerto Rican terrorists - Are these Puerto Rican terrorists of the suicide bombers kind?

I know they have a lot of suicide bombers causing a lot of trouble in Puerto Rico today.
    It is on the news all the time.

On your next posting you are probably going to mention the potential terrorists from Haiti – they are also a real threat to the United States - in Haiti they do their terrorist stuff with voodoo dolls and little needles.

Since we are on the subject of piloting airplanes into buildings and other similar things – please do not forget the Japanese – Piloting airplanes into ships was their cup of tea. Today a Japanese Kamikaze could launch their suicide attack against any target inside the United States.

Since Americans are so “Paranoid” about everything then they should stop any flights from Japan to the United States – You never know if they still have someone in Japan (a Kamikaze) a little sour about Hiroshima, and Nagasaki.

#10     Oct 9, 2006