USA is so corrupt

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by chipmunk, Sep 30, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

They NEED us for 2 reasons...

1. Tap our assets for their own pleasure

2. Vote them into power so they can "#1 above"...

Otherwise, we're just flotsam...

#11     Sep 30, 2008
  2. Mav88

Mav88

ok the US has its problems, but before you complain too much , there are not a whole lot of places where the little guy can make a decent living or even trade markets if he choses to do so.

People are still climbing over fences to come here.

#12     Sep 30, 2008
  3. bit

bit

Actually, the terrorists moved the WMDs out of Iraq and hid them in our financial system. What's worse, they're armed and could go off at any time, which is why Paulson needs $700B and no questions asked....(I suppose $700B is Jack Bauer's going rate).

#13     Sep 30, 2008
  4. piezoe

piezoe

You have , perhaps, said that in Jest. Nevertheless that seems to be precisely what has happened. In fact the Islamic fundamentalists have stated emphatically that there goal is to destroy our economy. And of course the Bush administration did a masterful job of playing into their hands in the wake of 9/11. Perhaps they will discover that owning the US economy is a better idea than destroying it. I wonder if Daddy Bush will get kicked off the board. Once they own every thing, they won't need him anymore! :D

#14     Sep 30, 2008
  5. LMAO!!

Your brand of humor is sorely needed here at ET. Welcome

#15     Sep 30, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

After O'Neil was out of office, he did an interview where he stated, "... it was clear from day one... WE WERE GOING INTO IRAQ, REGARDLESS..." He went on to say that attendees at that meeting were told, "... find me an excuse I can use...."

Bush WANTED a war for political reasons.... justified or not.

#16     Sep 30, 2008
  7. The thing is, one guy stood up for us. He was threatened to be killed, and he still kept plugging. He went against his billionaire father, who now regrets not backing him up, and Warren Buffett, who told him it was 'too big'.

The bought- off press crucified him. The thieves on the Street bribed, yes bribed, politicians and others to thwart him. The manipulators, operating under the guise of legit short sellers, fought him tooth and nail. And a lot of you guys supported your heroes.

We didn't support him. We didn't offer help. Only a few. Now, we all pay.

And he tells me it's too late. And he told me that before the 'bailout' was public.

You can rant and rave all you want. We're getting what we deserve.

By the way. NYTIMES reports SAC is losing money. Amazing. Stop naked shorting and piling on the financials, and they lose money. Just an observation.

#17     Sep 30, 2008
  8. bit

bit

Are you talking about bin Laden?

#18     Sep 30, 2008
  9. Exactly.

#19     Sep 30, 2008
  10. bit

bit

You could have been talking about Paulson, also. Thanks for clearing that up.

#20     Sep 30, 2008