USA is sinking into 3rd world status

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MohdSalleh, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Yeah, the media. With their being the propaganda arm of the Leftists, I fear for the future of the US. Most Americans "get their news and information" form the Lame Street Media... it's like brainwashing on a national scale.
    :(

#51     Aug 10, 2010
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

That's EXACTLY what has happened! Sheeple get fed small bites of sh*t over and over again until is tastes ok, or even good. At that point not much will change their minds.

I really hate to come across the wrong way, but imo it's true: people are too damn dumb these days to be ALLOWED to vote anymore. Most of the problem lies in what they sit down in front of every day/night and watch on what my Grand Mother used to call the idiot box.

If she were alive now, I can only imagine what she would call the t.v, and the wack job liberals who run almost all news channels, and the major networks...:eek:

#52     Aug 10, 2010
  3. Posting a bunch of quote or articles isn't going to change your mind that's fine. It's a free world and each of us are entitled to our own opinions.

The problem I have will the criticism of Obama vs Palin is that people want to say that media is unfair to Palin, but when Obama is accused of being a non citizen they accept it readily. I learned a long time ago people believe what they want to hear and discount otherwise.

The media simply finds the most sensational things they can and run with them until Neilson ratings drop.

I strongly believe the best things we as Americans can do is to question authority. Don't take anything at face value.

The 2 party system is the problem. I used to feel voting other than for the 2 parties was a wasted voted. Now I feel that voting for something I know is bad is waste.

#53     Aug 10, 2010
  4. nickdes

nickdes

So.... we got Obama... perceived as smart, brilliant even (so long as the teleprompter is working anyways). And look what he's doing. He's the antithesis of everything America has ever stood for.

:mad: :mad: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well said, I totally agree

#54     Aug 10, 2010
  5. Sharpen your reading skills and re-read what I posted. I am a strong supporter or parties other than Democrats or Republicans. I am a strong supporter of outlawing lobbyists, unlimited corporate contributions, and America meddling in non American affairs. Was that clear enough?

#55     Aug 10, 2010
  6. nickdes

nickdes

Maybe you should sharpen your communication skills! Did you use a teleprompter. LOL Kidding!!!!!!!

#56     Aug 10, 2010
  7. This article made me angry.

Angry that communist dickheads like Krugman are getting the nobel prize.

#57     Aug 10, 2010
  8. The good old USA has some good things, and the things you mention don’t put us on par with a third world nation. I was recently in the Americas in the middle, aka central, as well as MEXICO and we have it real nice. The train thing – Big oil doesn't want it so we won’t see it, even though we need it – metric system over rated, our schools do stink, millionaire is what I hope to be so I can donate my money to college kids drinking funds, our political system has always been bought and paid for, how do you think we get all the great shit, well, minus bridges. There are flaws, and most of you who support uni-health care (as I do) must understand that many countries are still charging for extra insurance and it can be lacking in terms of the actual “care” part. There is a way, I not sure what it is, but hey Dave, you have to have a solution. Spell it out for us. I really don’t think we are that bad off, but I agree our priorities are pointed in the wrong direction. I just hope my place and my stuff (I really don’t have a lot) are protected and that I can pop a cold one every now and again, otherwise the “treading water” complex of Dayton, OHIO, and The good old USA shall continue.

#58     Aug 11, 2010
  9. xtrader0

xtrader0

I totally agree that The USA is sinking into something, which might be close to 3rd world status. I have lived abroad for 4 years and every year I have come for a visit I have seen very little progress with things that the Europeans had figured out and implemented nearly 20 years ago. My husband, who is from Scandinavia, has come to live in The USA and is amazed and the backwardness and inefficiencies, terrible infrastructure, poverty & lack of education, and just plain ignorance and intolerance.

He cannot believe that we live in a system that does not make sure each elderly has paid medications, give the opportunity for parents to freely educate their children on a higher level, or allow us to simply rely on public transport alternatively as a more environmental and economical way to commute.

In the 4 years I have gone, I have seen an increase in the amount of time people spend with their work. There is less time for family and more stress, road rage, traffic, trash, long lines, and those ’shady neighborhoods’ that we just can’t even enter if we want to be safe.

I used to be a hardcore American patriot, but after living in Europe for some time I had to wonder and assess my whole thinking, going beyond just this superficial layer of Americanism. There are a lot of great things in The USA; the nature, the people, the diversity, the opportunities…but the things to preserve and keep these things alive and thriving that matter so much are diminishing more and more. It truly saddens me, and makes me ashamed to see my husband struggle with things he has never had to even think about in his whole life. He has traveled a lot to all kinds of places and he says that for sure it has that 3rd world country flair.

#59     Aug 11, 2010
  10. A lot of you have compared the U.S. with Scandinavia, Germany, et al. Here’s the difference: 30% of the U.S. population is either Hispanic, black or Native American – three groups that seriously underperfom by almost every social indicator. 30% is a lot – and among the school-age population, it’s 40%. While Europe has its own underperfoming ethnic minorities (Arabs, some blacks, Turks), they tend to only be 5-10% of the population. A larger percentage of the population in Europe is part of the majority culture and is able to participate in mainstream culture more easily. Europe has its ghettos, too, but they are less noticeable – they don’t have 1/3 of the population living in them.

#60     Aug 11, 2010