USA is #1 in 20 different categorys...all bad.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Well said. :D

Thats the problem with big government, as soon as people make one place productive, they follow in behind and bleed the people try until they destroy it and force people to build up another area, and the cycle repeats itself.

#21     Jul 6, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Just glancing at this list, and noting, for example, that the US is supposedly #1 for rape, I immediately suspect totals are being used for some items on the list, and rates are being used for other items on the list, and so we're not making apple to apple comparisons. It's enabled a longer list, but it's not valid.

Edit: I do note the use of "reported", which I think is unfair. We have a better reporting infrastructure than, say, the DRC. But I think the estimates of the DRC (for rape) are probably correct, they do come from more than one source.

#22     Jul 7, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Of course, if we're "#1" in all these things, then we're naturally "winning" over nations with even bigger governments than ours. According to your assertion that should not be the case.

#23     Jul 7, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d-diB65scQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#24     Jul 7, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, your right, i doubt we have a higher rape rate than afghanistan or somalia, for example, because no women out there report it when it happens.

You said you think it is unfair, but how do you propose they track stats on all rapes when the unreported ones, by definition, are not known about.

#25     Jul 7, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Aid workers, and the CIA, both track these things through interviews. They can only estimate from those, but with enough data you get a pretty good idea of the scope of the problem.

Anyway, the US has problems for sure, but to say it's the worst country in every way is just an excuse for (or the cause of?) more handwringing.

#26     Jul 7, 2011
  7. cause or effect?

#21 80% of american believe there is an invisible man in the sky who created or designed humans.

#27     Jul 7, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, that must be it, because you see a disproportionate number of bible thumpers, who attend church every sunday, raping, murdering, and stealing from people.

#28     Jul 7, 2011

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA

#29     Jul 7, 2011
  10. Great video!

In Finland (or Norway, I don't remember which) the concept of God is very similar to the concept of Santa Clause. Small children believe in him but when they get older they're told he doesn't exist. Finland is a peaceful country.

#30     Jul 7, 2011