USA= bottom of the heap?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Oct 31, 2011.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

If the NYT got it wrong, it should be easy to debunk.

Go ahead: debunk it. Or is empty sneering all you got?

#11     Nov 1, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Good question.

It's not NYT data in the first place.

#12     Nov 1, 2011
  3. bone

bone

I will stay with sneering, but it is not empty - just reinforced through the years by the hypocrisy of the NYT's work.

#13     Nov 1, 2011
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

I'll be the last to defend everything the NYT has done, given its unconscionable promotion of the Whitewater "scandal" and its defense of the Iraq invasion, but even Rupert Murdock's Faux News has been known to get a story right on occasion. So unless you have evidence that the NYT got THIS story wrong, it's just empty sneering.

#14     Nov 1, 2011
  5. bone

bone

What's the point of the NYT article ? And is it your ultimate desire that the United States be more like a Scandanavian country in terms of societal structure and wealth re-distribution ? Sneering, guilty as charged. Empty ? Hardly.

#15     Nov 1, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

I don't see a story, I see a table of data compiled by some other entity than the NYT.

#16     Nov 1, 2011
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

Like Ricter said.
    Obviously we could do worse than Scandinavia, because we're already doing worse. WTF is YOUR point? Just stick our heads in the sand like ostriches and hope reality goes away? Or are you one of the plutocrats who cheers this deterioration of the USA because you personally profit from it?

#17     Nov 1, 2011
  8. bone

bone

[​IMG]

#18     Nov 1, 2011
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

libertarian: (a) someone too much of a coward to admit he's really an anarchist. (b) someone too much of a coward to admit he's really a conservative (Exhibit A: Ron Paul).

#19     Nov 1, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Interesting. It's always easy to pick your own stats to compare things to in order to rank them how you want. I wonder, however, a few things.

If I live in Sweden, or Denmark, or Russia, if I have to press 1 in order to get my native language?

What is the penalty if I illegally immigrate to Germany? Or Hungary? And i'm caught?

How many jobs in Finland or Britain are outsourced to other countries?

Does New Zealand, or Iceland, or South Korea pay for educating it's illegal populations - assuming there are any large illegal populations in the first place?

#20     Nov 1, 2011