Usa 1776-2008

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bond tr4der, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Absolutely agree.

#11     Nov 12, 2008
  2. 'The End'

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MI24HgwK4m0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MI24HgwK4m0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#12     Nov 12, 2008
  3. Whooooo!! :D

I dont even pay any tax anyways a i trade through an sb firm not 3rd party broker, so im already getting all the benefits for free that everyone ele has to pay for in tax!! :D :p

And then as soon as i saw the credit crunch coming i got 2 creditcards out, maxed them out to over £8,000 in a few days, and then just ignored the banks calls and stuff till they eventually now just giving up and just chucked all my debt in with the rest of the huge smoldering pile to be bailed out by the government, who only get that money from all the people who pay it to them in tax!! LOL

What a lovely beautiful cycle... :p

The only people who actually get fucked are the people who do pay tax!! :cool:

#13     Nov 12, 2008
  4. Phucked

#14     Nov 12, 2008
  5. People worte off America in 1932, too

#15     Nov 12, 2008
  6. Who is John Galt?

#16     Nov 12, 2008
  7. Acqua

Acqua

These are the copnsequences of the consumption koolaid USA has been living in during the past 20 years.

Think about mortgages during the past 2-4 years. Keeping up with the johnsons is a cliche but a great description of the american dream.

When teh first guy with a 30k job got the Mcmansion he could not afford then all his coworkers/neighbors/etc followed suit. After the house was the car, then the vacations, etc ....process repeats itself.

Now the irresponsible will be bailed out.
    As soon as Mr Johnson starts bragging to his friends how the bailout got him a good deal. lower his mortgage,etc, expect all of his pals to follow suit. Then it will be credit cards, then it will be auto loans. Multiply that all over the country.

Credit scores will mean very little for an economy starving for consumption when the vast majority will have a less than stellar credit score.
    Guess what: those with high credit scores happen to be the most responsible buyers, those who understand and follow the concept of budget.
    The economy will need the irresponsible ones, those that spend everything they have and not have. You'll see, yet again, businesses "accidentally overlooking" credit scores in order to make a sale.

If you think principles will trump money...think again. Everyone has a price, people that are living paycheck to paycheck will not hesitate one second to lie/trick the system to get some money. And before you respond, regardless of what group you're in, the vast majority in this country as i write is on the paycheck to paycheck group (note that this is regardless of the amount of the paycheck).

The whole premise of solving an economic crisis caused by excesive credit with even more credit is plain wrong.

The implementation of this bailout is plain wrong.

This bailout money, if at all, should have gone directly to the mortgage payments, NEVER through the banks. That would have been the only guarantee that the money would be used for the purpose it was intended to.

#17     Nov 12, 2008