US voters back Obama as commander-in-chief

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The rock from whence I came? I am unsure how to respond to that insult. Is that all you've got?

Look, for clarification purposes (since it is obviously necessary), what I have been saying is that any poll taken now showing a lead in either direction is worthless as half of the people don't know which way the wind is blowing, let alone who they want to vote for. When it becomes a race of two horses, the polls will begin to lose their obscurity and become a valid indicator. Regardless of what direction they lead.

So go ahead and offer your juvenile retorts, but it would be nice if you could offer some theory as to why this is not accurate. I guess I will understand if you cannot.

#11     Feb 9, 2012
  2. I can agree, sort of. Some of the polls ask about Obama vs. any GOP candidate in the current list. But, yes, a 1 on 1 match up is much more revealing.

c

#12     Feb 9, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yes, but even there if I was a die-hard Romney person (for example) and wanted to persuade...whoever...that Romney was the better candidate to go after Obama, I would say "Romney" when they asked me the choice between Obama and Romney, and when they asked me Newt or Obama, I'd say Obama, so Newt's numbers looked worse. Especially since the biggest question in the GOP voting population continues to be "Who has the best chance beating Obama?"

But the truth is that if I had the choice between Obama and Bozo the Clown, I'd take the clown every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Do you follow my reasoning?

#13     Feb 9, 2012
  4. A nice retort, you just separated yourself as a next tier individual on ET. You are not a knuckle dragger. So, like my president should be doing on this Catholic thing, a quick Mea Culpa should suffice.

#14     Feb 9, 2012
  5. To Tsing.

I said earlier in the year when Mittens offended DON Newt, that he will be beaten bloody by the time he wins.

Make no mistake, Mittens is their guy, and he will win.

So, here is the incumbent, who is chillin, singing Al Greene, and waiting to see who survives the GOP civil war.

My biggest worry is that he is like the 18-0 Pats. He feels he cannot lose.

If he plays the game like he is the underdog, and stops doing stupid stuff like offending the FUKKING VATICAN, then he will be fine. Otherwise, it will be interesting down the stretch.

#15     Feb 9, 2012
  6. Here is the problem...Obama has messed us up so bad, that we could get a perfect republican candidate, put him in office for 8 years and we still wouldn't be able to clean up Obamas mess.

Maybe we should just vote for Obama for 2012, let the country collapse under his watch by 2015, and reset.

#16     Feb 9, 2012
  7. Meh, too quick. Disregard the last post. ABO is reactionary and primitive.

#17     Feb 9, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Regardless of who is "their guy" my belief is everyone not happy with any given thing right now (and there are a lot of those folks) will happily embrace "their guy" once it is clear there is a choice between Obama, and Not Obama.

We've all heard candidates in the GOP claiming they are the "Not Mitt" candidate. They surged when they did so, but only for a little while. The surge when someone claims to be the "Not Obama" candidate will be like none other.

#18     Feb 9, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Reactionary and primitive? So is your response to it!

Some people cannot stand for what Obama stands for. Why is it primitive to say they would vote him out given any chance? Did you not feel the same way with Bush?

#19     Feb 9, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Nice excuse set-up.

#20     Feb 9, 2012