US Unemployment: Holy F***

Discussion in 'Economics' started by monet, Mar 26, 2020.

1. bone

bone

1. You have to be laid off, you can’t quit your job, and

2. The bump in benefits is temporary

#31     Mar 26, 2020
    Overnight and SimpleMeLike like this.
  2. Yes, I know. People are being sent home with no pay in Texas. They going get unemployment. People will do what people have to do to survive. It is what it is. Let the government do whatever they want to do. Just go long the market and buy. I will do the same thing if I get sent home from work. Then I can trade more and study.

#32     Mar 26, 2020
    bone likes this.
  3. clacy

clacy

Snowflake much? You're no farmer. Way too soft...

#33     Mar 26, 2020
  4. Fight me.

#34     Mar 26, 2020
  5. Long and strong the market. Just buy. Perfect time to be alive. Remember 2009, market drop, people make alot of money. Leave the government alone, you not going to beat them anyway. Donald Trump is rich man. He does what he wants to do. Leave him alone. Time to make some money.

#35     Mar 26, 2020
  6. Well unfortunately I'm stuck in SPXS until it's at a price I'm comfortable selling at. All because I didn't enter with a good strategy to limit my losses. I'm down about $9,000 on a $50,000 purchase.

#36     Mar 26, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. farmerjohn1324,

When in doubt, get out. Put a stop loss on that thing and get out. Put the remainder in some good quality stocks and hold. Look at BA, nearly 60% return in 4 days. Foot Locker, Dave and Buster.

I was also short to with SH the SP500 index and was stopped out today for $100 loss. No harm here. Now I use the money to go buy some stocks and hold for the long turn now. Obviously the day chart shows the SP500 reversing today.

Go buy some stocks, sit your ass in the house to not get virus and stop worrying about the government and people getting unemployment. Who cares. I don't give a three fucks what the government does. Time to buy some stocks and trade man.

upload_2020-3-26_20-37-36.png

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    #37     Mar 26, 2020
  8. Ok.

If I sold at 7.77% loss like you did, that's a loss of -$3,885 for me. That's a hell of a lot better than the position I'm in.

#38     Mar 26, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  9. farmerjohn1324,

It's all good man. We live and we learn.

I went short at red arrow below, and put stop blue arrow. You can put your stop at orange orange hoping the bears sell off where they sold off before so you can be logical with your stop for tomorrow. At least you gave it one more day and have logical reasoning for exiting. but the bulls liked that support area down there and bought it up. oh well, can't win them all.

When every I take trades in stocks I use this tool for positioning sizing. I never risk more than 1% of my account https://www.stocktickr.com/positionsize/ on a trade. And if I had a $100K account and i was newbie not making no money, I would not risk more than $50 on a trade until I get better over time. We do not want to lose the money playing ass around with the big boys with no trading experience. We save the money for when we get better at trading so the professionals do not take all our money. This tool forcing me to decide a stop loss before the trade and get my shares right. I enter the trade, and I enter the stop loss next and go find something else to do until alarm is hit that profit target or stop loss is hit. Fuck all that reading news article stuff and waiting to see if prices will turn and all that thinking stuff while the trade is there. Mental stops is toooo much work on the brain and messing around. Now when I trade futures, my risk stays at 1 contract, risk stays at $100 to $200 per trade for now. I enter the trade, and always enter my stop loss. Then I evaluate the trade to make sure I make no mistake.

upload_2020-3-26_21-0-8.png

#39     Mar 26, 2020
    farmerjohn1324 likes this.
  10. That's funny coming from you, you aren't the most civil person in the world.

#40     Mar 26, 2020