US Unemployment: Holy F***

Discussion in 'Economics' started by monet, Mar 26, 2020.

1. monet

monet

Unemployment-Claims_cred-Department-of-Labor_web_t670.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly 3.3 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits last week — almost five times the previous record set in 1982 — amid a widespread economic shutdown caused by the coronavirus.

This is no recession. It's a full blown depression.

2. It'll be over in a week

3. monet

monet

Haha, hope so!

4. S2007S

S2007S

The fed will juice the markets, no worries, historical weekly unemployment numbers only mean more QE, everyone will be back to work in a couple of months the Dow will be 30,000+ and everything will be rainbows and butterflies!!!!

SimpleMeLike, zghorner and KCalhoun like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Old news. That was released 10 hours ago. You come home late or something?

P.S. Wait until next week! I expect it will be at that level or more.

6. FTDK

FTDK

I am assuming these are temporary unemployment cases due to the Corona virus.

So yes, it will be over soon.

7. S2007S

S2007S

Yep within a few weeks everyone will be eating $12 avocado toast, drinking $15 mixed drinks and buying $1589 smartphones, biggest turnaround in history only lasting weeks!! Thanks fed for juicing the markets!!!!

monet, FriskyCat and zghorner like this.
  8. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Anyone who thinks this is a brief nonissue is truly fxcking delusional.

Thousands of small and medium businesses are going bankrupt and markets will crash.

Many people will die. Gun sales are skyrocketing for a reason. I'm surprised at some people's naivete and complacency.

9. S2007S

S2007S

I'm delusional then. The fed will NOT allow that to.happen. remember there is no such thing as free markets so it cant happen as the fed will supply unlimited amounts of trillions and trillions of dollars!!!

10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Insert graphic of Zimbabwe currency lol can't print money or prop up markets forever

#10     Mar 26, 2020