US troops slander General Betrayus...surprised?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Sep 19, 2007.

1. This was from a military blog. Note the date of the post.
    http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/11/generals_of_yes.html

Posted by: Brad R. Torgersen | November 18, 2005 at 07:23 PM

I don't know GEN Petraeus personally...but when I was in the "Devil Brigade" folks called him "Colonel Betrayus". He came up with things like the "Devil button" (button your BDU collar up to the top when on jumps) and the "Devil grip" (special name for keeping your trigger finger out of the trigger well) which sounded hokey to most of the troops at the time.

Apparently not only Admiral Fallon, but also the paratroopers are also on the same page as Moveon.

Anyone here willing to defend the "a**-kissing little chicken-sh*t" general?

2. Here is another one. Also note the date of the post (before the Moveon ad).

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2007/05/update_funding_.html#comments

Posted by: SGT Grumpy | May 12, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Petraeus’s letter indicates that we are going to lose this war regardless of the amount of troops or the amount of time we are there.

So, since as Petraeus’s letter indicates, defeat is certain, I am forced to say - Bring our Troops Home Now. If the government isn’t going to let them win, then keeping them out there spilling their blood is tantamount to the Bush Administration murdering them.

Please understand, I am a conservative, but after seeing all the soldiers that Bush has arrested for doing their jobs, I can’t be a Bush-bot. Fight to win or don’t fight at all. There is no other option.

For the non-Bush-Bots out there look at General Betrayus’s record. He hasn’t spent a minute in battle. He is just a politician in uniform.

This has turned into another Vietnam. Yet again America loses. Not because of our brave troops on the battlefield but because of our politicians (including Generals like Betrayus who have never been in battle) who wouldn’t let them win.

Posted by: John | May 13, 2007 at 11:46 AM

There are two wars we are fighting here.

One in Iraq.

And another one, a civil war, that we are fighting here on American soil.

The Democrats have decided to put their own political aspirations ahead of the lives of the troops. Therefore I can't see how any military wife could support the Democratic Party. You didn't see Republicans putting their hatred of Roosevelt ahead of the war effort and the safety of the troops during World War II.

Then again, with the way how the Bush Administration has failed to provide the individual soldiers in the field with the tools they need especially the body armor that can safe their lives, how the Bush Administration has failed to adequately provide the soldiers with needed quality health care when returning injured from the war, and the aforementioned Petraeus (Betrayus) letter, and the Bush Administration's predilection for locking our soldiers up for doing their jobs, it is getting pretty hard being a Republican and a supporter of the troops as well. You certainly can't be a Bush-bot, a supporter of Bush and a supporter of the troops, for what Bush has done has done great harm to our fighting men and women on the field.

3. I tend to agree with the sentiments expressed in these comments, especially the part about not letting troops do their job. This has been the most heavily lawyered war in history. These poor grunts can't do a thing without some rear echelon Jag MF second-guessing them. That must do wonders for morale.

I blame Bush for putting our troops into a hopeless nation-building exercise. None of that however is relevant to the question of the day, namely what should we do now. The many analogies here to bad trades are flawed. Exit a trade and you can move on with no ramifications. Turn Iraq over to al qaeda and Iran and there are very real consequences.