US Treasury Notes

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Neuroway, Nov 27, 2018.

1. That is complete batshit insanity.

Zero-knowledge trading is insane in any instrument, but particularly so in IR futures.

#41     Dec 2, 2018
    piezoe and LukeZen like this.
  2. piezoe

piezoe

?

#42     Dec 3, 2018
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Perhaps I could add a general observation based on quite a few years of trading, investing, and making mistakes. I am of the opinion that the shorter the time frame the more "trading what you see" applies, and the longer the time frame the more knowledge of macroeconomics and fundamentals becomes helpful. At longer time frames it becomes essential. In the limit, with the exception of trading on inside information, mis-pricing, or atypical opportunity, one either keeps abreast of Fed operations, policy and interest rates, and becomes a "macroeconomic trader," or else one cashes in one's chips (what's left of them) and goes home.

#43     Dec 3, 2018
  4. Sig

Sig

While generally agreeing, I would also suggest that the 10% of "trade what you see" that isn't pure apophenia is really behavioral economics. Assuming that the behavioral economics factors behind Treasury trading are identical to that behind crude futures or hog bellies is a rather rash assumption to make as well.

#44     Dec 3, 2018
    piezoe likes this.