US Treasury Notes

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Neuroway, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Sig

Sig

You must have gone through a far different engineering program than me if they taught you that "not knowing too much" is a "good thing"!

It always astounds me that otherwise intelligent, analytical folks throw in for beliefs of the type they would find appalling in their normal profession. I mean can you imagine talking to a civil engineer who said "the more finite element analysis we do, the more the bridge costs....just look at the drawings, it's better not to know too much". Or the electrical engineer who said "the more we know about the reason behind arcing in substations the worse off we are.....just buy a switch at Radio Shack and throw it in there" or the medical doctor who said "the more we know about the cause of a disease the more people who die of that disease, better to go ahead and bleed people with leeches". I guess it's good to have these folks out there as counterparties, but wow is it painful to hear.

#21     Nov 29, 2018
  2. zdreg

zdreg

you must be living in a different universe where 98% of traders are successful.

#22     Nov 29, 2018
  3. ironchef

ironchef

I will put out more buckets.

#23     Nov 30, 2018
  4. Neuroway

Neuroway

Why do you say I'm on a dangerous path? Do you perchance know what I'm doing, cvds16?

#24     Dec 1, 2018
  5. Neuroway

Neuroway

Let me guess, cvds16. And you, of course, have a clue about what I'm doing. What else. Climate change doesn't exist. You can build a wall between the US and Canada and Canada will pay for it. Sure sure. Here's 2 cents for your opinion. Take it. It's a good deal I tell you.

#25     Dec 1, 2018
  6. Neuroway

Neuroway

You don't need a lot of knowledge about cars to be F1 champion. I don't think Michael Schumacher was the world's most gifted char mechanic.

You don't need a lot of knowledge about economics to be a trading champion. I could trade bananas the same way I trade bitcoins or US T-Notes. They don't have the same volatility, but I know very well what volatility and leverage is. So bitcoin is no more risky than T-Notes for me. If you know about risk management, statistics, leverage, mean regression, trend following, you can be a champion at trading. Economics has nothing to do with it.

#26     Dec 1, 2018
  7. Neuroway

Neuroway

I trade all the time things I know nothing about. Wheat, coffee, gold, silver, T-Notes, Chinese Yuan and Indian Rupee, and what have you. They would be contracts on the weather of Mars and I'd trade them as easily as I trade the EUR/USD. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Economy has nothing to do with trading. Trading has to do with human guts, the hopes and fears of the populace, which reflect on the price of things.

#27     Dec 1, 2018
  8. Neuroway

Neuroway

LOL!
    Economy has nothing to do with building a bridge. Building a bridge relates to precise things. You must know everything about these things to build a good bridge. That's engineering. Economy relates to the moods and gut feelings of the populaces and their chieftains. That's psychology. I personally couldn't care less about that Trump and the US populace think about the value of Lady Gaga's songs. If I can trade them, I will. That's all.

I care about mean regression and trend. This is science.

#28     Dec 1, 2018
  9. Sig

Sig

I do not think that word "science" means what you think it means! But you go girl, good to have you out there as a counterparty.

#29     Dec 1, 2018
  10. LukeZen

LukeZen

That is just BS.

#30     Dec 2, 2018