US Trading Capital

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by FaderTrader, Dec 29, 2005.

1. I'm still unclear as to the COMPLETE cost structure. So, just answer this very basic inquiry...

I'm a trader and I want to leave my currect firm and to go out on my own. It's very important to me that I'm able to continue to use Hammer/Anvil as my trading platform as I believe it's the closest thing to an ATM machine out there today.

How can US Trading Capital help me?

a. I use you to leverage myself and I pay a whopping .01/share with a min of 600k/month.

b. I then go to a broker to provide me with my platform and pay them a commission?

Am I seeing this clearly? If you are forcing traders to use just one platform, then what makes you any different from any other arcade out there (where I can get way more than 10x BP)? And more importantly, what makes you think .01/share is even close to being competitive?

#11     Jan 3, 2006
  2. USTrading

USTrading US Trading Capital

Hi
    In order to use our capital you have to open a Joint account (where you will be a primary account holder). You have to put at least 20K or more on the Joint account and we will match it with our capital. The commission structure depends on your average monthly volume. What we are offering is the only structure where a retail trader can get additional buying power.
    Thanks
    Adam

#12     Jan 5, 2006
  3. lescor

lescor

Not true Adam.

I opened an account with a retail LLC last year. I put up $15,000. The account is in my name. 100% of the profits are mine. I have millions of dollars in intra day buying power. I trade anything I want, any style I want, no volume requirements. I pay no software fees. Commission under 1/2 cent per share. No licensing requirements.

I still say the only way you guys can stay in business is by hoping the public stays ignorant.

#13     Jan 5, 2006
  4. nassau

nassau

If you are now a successful trader the main thing you should be concerning yourself with is the security of your principal.
    If you have been trained by a firm that has put time and money into you and gives you 75percent of profits I don't see really your point. This firm deserves earning from you as 25percent is just a cost of doing business and in my opinion very fair.
    I receive from my traders 50/50 split, a daily seat fee for their station, they pay for their losses in most cases as it is my corporations funds.
    They receive a 4to1 leverage daily,2to1 overnight if I allow it.
    I also dictate the stocks they will trade initially.

Do the math, you may find as others have that the few extra dollars with controlled expenses in reality a good deal. I assume that the reason your round trip cost are high is as your company is not a BD.
    I personally find that traders stay about 1-2 years before they go or attempt to set up their own business with several coming back to a team or support atmosphere but to each his/her own.

w

#14     Jan 5, 2006
  5. nassau

nassau

Ignorant really isn't fair, life is blocks of time for blocks of money.
    If I train someone, give them free support, pay initial expenses then I like to look at it as if it were a tution fee..rebait..
    I charge nothing and only make money from my traders if they make money, the small amount of money received back from exchanges is exactly that. I assume you are one of many trades trading a pooled account of the company. I know of several firms doing the same..
    any hope of you passing on the LLC, is it a USA firm with head quarters in the USA.
    Most that I know of require a min of business monthly and restrict some type of trading as it is very hard to be successful at currency, stocks, options, futures at the same time.
    I have traders that do one or the other under my auspices not free hand
    Howlong have you been trading? How long did you have to trade with this firm before you received this almost unlimited bp as you state you have been their just a under / year..

w

#15     Jan 5, 2006
  6. zdreg

zdreg

a 50/50 deal on the surface sounds noncompetive. are they charged commissions? are they series 7?
    it doesn't sound right.

"I charge nothing and only make money from my traders if they make money, the small amount of money received back from exchanges is exactly that."

who receives/pays ecn fees.
    are commission charges zero.

#16     Jan 5, 2006
  7. nassau

nassau

Let say a trader is trading nvda they buy or short the stock ie they buy at 10.00 sell 10.50 gross..there will be a cost of doing busines - a few cents round trip with the possibility of the cost being reduced on volume but really nothing to speak about.
    the trade gross 500dollars on one thousand shares, the trader will receive approx 250. If they are trading remote their costs are less as they are providing their own station.
    I do not require them to be a series 7 but several do have.
    I have latitude not being a resident or citizen of the USA.

w

#17     Jan 5, 2006
  8. Sounds like every "prop" firm out there. What distinguishes you from Bright, Generic, Echo and lastly Genesis. Thanks.

#18     Jan 5, 2006
  9. zdreg

zdreg

generic etc. can blow up and you lose what you have at the firm.
    generic etc. don't charge you for use of capital.
    these guys can take and they will deny this your money and lots of luck trying to recover.

you don't need a series 7. they are not a prop shop but a retail customer
    you should have been able to get this information by going to their site and previous postings.

#19     Jan 5, 2006
  10. lescor

lescor

Nassau,

I agree with you on the point of receiving a cut of a traders p/l and expenses in exchange for mentoring. That's a common and very fair arrangement, after all you are giving them a career.

I don't believe the deal discussed in this thread included that though.

It's true I have a good deal because I have experience, a track record and know the principals of the firm I'm with. However deals like mine aren't uncommon. My post was in response to the comment that the firm discussed in this thread is the only option for someone wanting more than 4:1 buying power.

#20     Jan 5, 2006