US to introduce euro

Discussion in 'Forex' started by MrAngry, Nov 21, 2008.

1. MrAngry

MrAngry

2. lol, great post :D

Joking aside, there's talk of the UK joining the Euro if interest rates go to 1%!

At this rate they'll be no currencies left to trade, damn, I may have to get a real job :eek:

3. MrAngry

MrAngry

You'll be fine - they said the same thing when the euro was coming, you remember. And for a while it looked like there were a whole 'new' raft of currencies to trade in Eastern Europe, Asia, South America and even Africa.

It's doomy & gloomy though, innit?

4. eagle

eagle

And that kind of article make you start a thread for it. The US will be very pleased to introduce Euro if and only if there is no EU members on the board, only US members on the board to make policy decision.

About 7 years ago when the CAD was in trouble, people were thinking about adopting USD. One prominent US politician said "Canada is welcome to adopt our dollar but you are not allow to sit on the board. So I suggest you to be very cautious before adopting our dollar because once you have entered then it will be very costly to exit".

5. MrAngry

MrAngry

why would we want the poxy dollar?

6. BMO Financial Group Chief Economist Sherry Cooper was also a strong advocate to adopt the USD in Canada back when the CAD was about 0.64 USD. I think she even mentioned it in a book she published back in 2002 or 2003.

http://www.bmonesbittburns.com/economics/profiles/scooper/

forex-forex
    ---------------
    trading guru