US tax money to train offshore workers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hippie, Aug 5, 2010.

1. With the outsourcing of more jobs, it would mean more profit for the big companies but lesser jobs to the Americans.

Perhaps there is some logic to this that we have yet to understand, but for now all we have to do is to invest on ourselves, particularly our education so we can secure our position on this fighting field.

2. Bob111

Bob111

disgusting..specially when US taxpayers money are used..i don't' give a shit, if funds are from private companies..but..why do i have to pay for someone else education in some distant shit hole? nobody offer me any money for higher education..and technically-i'm unemployed..

3. Please write your senators & congressperson about unemployed American IT workers with the link. I am in a similar boat.

http://www.rallycongress.com/

Why is our tax money used this way? ??

4. GAAK! Foreign aid is foreign aid. That's an argument of religious nature.

What pisses me off is the gov't meddling in an industry that is working so well without any gov't meddling. There is money to be made for the self-taught, money for the schooled, money for the academics, money for the entrepreneur, money for the big company.

High-tech is an incredibly level playing field. For $500 you can buy a very decent computer and create software, or build a website, or write a blog in your spare time in your underwear at home, and be competitive with multi-national conglomerates. If you're cheap, you can go to the library and do these things for free.

If we get the gov't in here, they will surely fuck it all up. Look at any industry where gov't starts to play a roll, and you will see it becomes mired in shit.

5. As I have said before on other threads - Americans NEED to read the WTO treaty!!! Articles 7 and 66 REQUIRE that technology is transferred from the "developed" nations to the undeveloped nations. Here is where I will get mocked - read the Bible - start in Revelations 6!!! It describes the last days and how there will be a major economic downturn that leads to world war!!! This is what you are witnessing!!!! All of this crap about making the competition of the US worker more competent...to take away the US job...is MEANT to lead to revolution!!! The big revolution is planned for 2012 - not my words, but the ones planning the revolution! This IS NOT a DEM or REP thing - it is BOTH!!!! Oh well, here come the drones to put me on their "Ignore List"! For those who want more info...check out a book named "Apollyon Rising 2012." Here is Rev. 6 -> http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+6&version=NIV

-gastropod

P.S. The WTO stipulates the tech transfer...it is implemented by the US gov't giving "tax breaks" to the big corps pushing the jobs overseas. Both the democrats and the republicans put on their "public" faces and act like they want to "save" jobs...but, both know that the US (so long as it is a signatory to the WTO) is bound to ship the jobs overseas...sigh...who will listen!
    For those with a desire to REALLY understand more - and NOT just mock -> http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/trips_e/techtransfer_e.htm Check out the second and third paragraphs! If anybody has gotten this far...realize the situation! The US constitution stipulates that a signed treaty is the "law of the land" and supersedes the laws congress passes...so, even if some jackass democrat/republican proposes a new law to "stop the job transfer"...it is bullsh!t - the WTO treaty will take precedence and the courts will overturn the new "law." The main stream media will hide the truth behind the courts rulings - the media is part of the plan for the 2012 crap!

6. disgusting..specially when US taxpayers money are used..i don't' give a shit, if funds are from private companies..but..why do i have to pay for someone else education in some distant shit hole? nobody offer me any money for higher education..and technically-i'm unemployed..

+1

7. LEAPup

LEAPup

It's like a bad dream! Just never thought I'd see this in my lifetime... An AMERICAN wanting to better himself through education, and he's gotta read about some distant land getting the $$$$ instead.:mad:

8. So American Firms Can Outsource Jobs and make more money!

#10     Aug 6, 2010