US stock market ultra-long term

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Lobster, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Is there anyone else here who thinks the last few years were not even the beginning of a minor correction? The DJIA looks like it's just stalling a little, deciding whether to go back to 4000 and possibly lower or shoot up to 15000 or 20000.

The more I think about these things the more I wonder why people talk about bull and bear markets at all. I mean what's the deal, nobody knows anyway (until it's too late).

Is anyone here profitable just because he is taking trades only or predominantly in the direction of what the jokers on CNBC call bull or bear markets? Does it help anyone in any other way to talk about bulls and bears?

2. Good points. Just from a TA perspective, I've reflected back on this chart many times over the past couple of years. It's a weekly of the COMP going back to 1980. Notice where the low after 9/11 occurred.......where the most recent bounce ended.......where we're likely headed......and if we'll ever bust out of the channel to the upside again.

• comp.gif
      File size:
      23.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Beautiful chart. And that's just the nasdaq, the "mother of bubble". If you look at the dow30 or the sp500 you can hardly see how the bubble allegedly burst at all.