US stock broker with EUR funding and per-Trade commissions ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by CALLumbus, Apr 30, 2020.

1. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Hey you all,

do you know a brokerage company for US stocks that allows funding an account with EUR and offers per-Trade commissions ?

Interactive Brokers offers EUR accounts, but no per-Trade commissions. Lightspeed would be my favourite, they offer per-Trade commissions, but no EUR accounts. Same with Centerpoint Securities...

So maybe I missed something and you know a brokerage company that offers both, EUR funding and per-Trade commissions ?

Greetings,
    CALLumbus

eternaldelight likes this.
  2. I think Lightspeed allow you to fund your account from any currency account but those funds will be converted into USD. Or your bank will do this conversion for you( which i have done. when i send fund to my lightspeed account my bank have option to convert EUR to USD for a very small fee.This bank lost USD wire capabilities for a few month).

3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Hi RaghuRomeo, thank you for your input.

Yes, usually it is possible to send EUR to most brokerage accounts, but if it is a USD account, the EUR funds will then be converted into USD. No matter if your bank does the conversion for you, or the receiving bank where the broker has the accounts, you usually lose some good money on those conversions, especially if you deposit substantial amounts of cash.
    And I also dont want to have toe much exposure in USD, so I would have to hedge that USD funds on that account.

Because of this, what I am really looking for is a broker that offers me EUR accounts and per-Trade commissions. But it seems such a broker does not exist ?

4. Fain

Fain

Why are you hung-up on the pre-trade commissions part?

5. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Because I want to trade some size... If I buy and sell 5,000 shares per trade and commissions are calculated per share, then I have to pay something like 0.0040 x 5,000 = 20 USD per transaction. Of course it will be much better for me to have a per-Trade commission structure and pay something like 4.00 USD per trade.

eternaldelight likes this.
  6. qwerty11

qwerty11

IB Lite offers per-trade commission...

7. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Thanks for the info, but I think IB Lite is not available for clients from EU ?

8. qwerty11

qwerty11

Yeah but you didn't specify domicile (or should it be assumed that no US citizen has an EUR bank account?)