US State Department Says New Testament is Anti-Semitic Hate Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, May 10, 2008.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Bullshit.

You're gay! (statement?)

You're gay! (derogatory remark?)

Whose going parse the difference? The Thought Police? Perhaps the Jewish Thought Police?

Leaving a lot to interpretation there, Sparohok?

How many Jews do you know would *not* be offended - on its face - by a bland, expressionless rendition, 'the Jews killed Jesus'. Not many.

Many Jews, unfortunately, are hypersensitive to anything that can be faintly construed as 'Anti-Semitic.'

Given that most Christians who study scripture recite - sometimes, with great enthusiasm - the Biblical tenet, "Jews killed Jesus", its sets the stage for an over-zealous State Department obsessed with "Hate Speech" to just chalk it all up to anti-semitic talk.

#21     Jun 11, 2008
  2. ROFLMAO!

If that was a "smackdown," Khomeini was Jewish!

So much fun watching you twist in the wind, over and over, regurgitating your endless "the US gubment is evil, attacked us on 9/11, and will do so again!" schtick.

A few eggs short of an omelette, you are. Seek professional help. Eventually even your friends (if you have any) will tire of your "can I sleep in your basement because the NSA has bugged my room" delusions.

Have a great day! :)

#22     Jun 11, 2008
  3. All of us, every day in our adult lives, have to parse the difference between statements that could be friendly banter, could be aggressive & hateful, or could simply be factual, all depending on the tone and context. It's a simple test that you utterly failed when you went nuts over this harmless State Department document.

I honestly don't know. If I were the one making that bland, expressionless statement to them, I doubt any one of them would be offended. Context, again.

In any case, the fact remains that the New Testament <i>does not contain the words 'the Jews killed Jesus' anywhere</i>. It doesn't even imply a wider racial blame, it simply records the facts of who did what. Indeed it would be odd if it did, for Jesus and all twelve disciples were racially Jewish.

Sure, of course they are. And many Christians are hypersensitive to anything that can be faintly construed as 'Anti-Christian.' Go back, reread your post that started this thread. If the shoe fits, wear it.

I know it's tacky to bring this up, but at least the Jews have a good reason to be paranoid. A reason that occured in living memory, not 2000 years ago.

Martin

#23     Jun 11, 2008
  4. victim card alert.

more 'white christians' were genocided in russia... from 40 to 60 million. many at the hands of the bolsheviks.

#24     Jun 11, 2008
  5. "Jew" symbolizes self-concepts in denial of Self. Self is reality. So it comes down to what does not exist in denial of what exists. Sound crazy? Well why do you think it's called "sin"? Man's sinlessness depends on his non-existence because his existence depends upon sin. Thus, man's existence denies the existence of reality, intending to replace it with his own alledged "reality". Man is extremely touchy about his reality...about his right to exist. This is symbolized by the state of Israel which fights for it's right to exist while it displaces the previous occupants of the land, seemingly bound by no standards of conduct. The fact is, Israel is not real, and does not have a mandate from our Father to do anything except to deny itself its existence.

As such, Stu expresses what Israel symbolizes. To him, reality is fairyland, some elven kingdom in the middle of nowhere. Who can blame him? His very existence is at stake when it comes to my reality. On the path home, the journeyman cannot coexist with the troll under the bridge. Does that sound anti-trollistic?

There is no one tribe of man that is more real or more unreal than another. They are all equally unreal. Tribalism asserts reality for itself. Special status is another way of insisting upon tribal reality. As such, Israel symbolizes all of man, since these are man's way's of proving his existence. Proof of man's existence inevitably leads to war with himself. Rather, man's existence derives from war with oneSelf. So it is a vicious cycle until man "disarms". To disarm, man must deny the existence of his arms and legs...meanwhile converting them to "plowshares" in service of the truth.

Jesus

#25     Jun 11, 2008
  6. Personally, I think that the Politics and Religion forum should be renamed. I think that Bullshit Forum would be a more accurate title.

#26     Jun 11, 2008
  7. i was thinking Victim Cards, Hate/Thought Crimes & Neocons

#27     Jun 11, 2008
  8. jem

jem

to i am not...

I think therefor I am. Descarte

You really have to counter to that.

Now to paraphrase from Plato

In the cave is turth and we see shadows of the truth. Our job is to figure out what truth and realty are.

We have to believe that as we refine our tools and our minds we get closer to Realty - or we have no reason to care.

You - seem to have no reason to care - because you have absolutely no way of even coming close to verifying the accuracy of your beliefs.

After doing my search - I believe there are enough clues in the bible to believe that it contains the most shadows in the cave. In fact it may contain all of them but my faculties are admittedly limited.

I therefore choose to believe that Jesus made certain statements which were recorded. I act on those statements believing them to be true. If I am wrong I might piss of God - who I still believe in and may forgive me. If I am really wrong I might piss off no one or no thing or they might not care or respond or they might. Only Goodness knows.

However you have created an entirely new vague unverifiable belief structure.... what is the point? Are you expecting people to worship you and give you cash and sex?

#28     Jun 11, 2008
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Wheres your Islamic Takeover of the US, Hapaboy? I still can't see it.

Coulter says they're gonna KILL US ALL in our sleep. The Horror. :D

[​IMG]

#29     Jun 11, 2008

10. ================================
    Good points A28;
    I read the State Dept 14 points that are an example of anti-Semitism, had to Google it. And very few Christians blame Jews for killing Christ in USA.

Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures,was buried , rose again the third day,according to trhe scriptures. That is the gospel [good news] We really cant blame any group.

Actually i wold have liked for them to note the high % of anti-Semites in the UN, so i will note that here.

And while the State Dept has free speech rights also;
    like the way Christian leaders have exposed/rebuked State Dept sins/pressure on Israel to give up land.

Hopefully they will use common sense & wisdom when they look @ Scriptural exhortations. Some of the old Testament Hebrew prophets were tough on Israeli sin, Israeli leaders, but to call that anti-Semitism would be false, & infringement of free speech.

Don't really think the State Dept is calling Christians anti-Semites;
    how ever when you look for the devil, look in the pulpit also.
    Look for Farachan friends like Rev Wright also,when you look for the devil.

:cool:

#30     Jun 11, 2008